• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
It is the only place in the area to get magazines of a certain type when one is desperate.....this is just what I have been told you understand.

219189puWT_w.jpg

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I guess some people just get wound up about different things..:dunno:..this store is an eyesore for some people, others just dont see it as that.

Just as the Big Blue Signs infuriate some people, while others are not bothered by them. At least the signs are clean and new (and painted blue :lol:)

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Hey at least all the circa 1950 trailers arent just to the west of it anymore.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I guess some people just get wound up about different things..:dunno:..this store is an eyesore for some people, others just dont see it as that.

Just as the Big Blue Signs infuriate some people, while others are not bothered by them. At least the signs are clean and new (and painted blue :lol:)

true ibd. I think we can all agree that it is an eyesore, more now than ever. I do think the property needs to be cleaned up. and it probably does need a good inspection. I think others on this thread are just wanting to be respectful to their neighbor, extending them a little common courtesy and giving them a break... perhaps the neighbor (buddy's) should be more respectful of the community... (I do agree though that a few shabby places here and there are good for us. Buddy's is going a little too far.)

the blue signs don't infuriate me, life is way too short.:D but the entire project does make me seriously wonder about the judgement of our TDC. very poor outcome on an important project. unfortunate use of good resources.

you know ibd, these two issues are quite different, and at the same time more comparable than they seem on the surface. they both impact the community in "appearance", and they both could be "unsafe" in different ways as well.

1. the buddy's business owners apparently have no pride or commitment to the appearance and safety of their business. this will damage their business in the long run. and from the posts on this board, the damage is done to a large degree. they are only hurting themselves by neglecting to do what is right. I am not proud of this establishment. but I don't really feel the need to throw them out either. Their future success will be determined by their own action/inaction. meanwhile, it has obviously become a concern to the community. maybe community members will make a gentle effort, as good neighbors, to get something done about it.

2. the people of 30A have great pride in their neighborhoods and insist on signage compatible with the unique character of the community. I think if people are unhappy and want to improve the signs which represent their neighborhoods, then they should take action and do so - and they are doing just that. its very do-able. and if it can be done, then SoWal residents will do it. It's really what sets our community apart. I am proud of this community. the issue is very important to a great many, making it a real community effort. a desirable outcome will no doubt result. not to mention that the poor design is the work of a govt agency who should be held accountable. our community is showing the TDC that we expect way better.

Last edited:

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
wouldn't it be nice to have a good old mom and pop station there that sold good fried chicken & biscuits...:love:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
true ibd. I think we can all agree that it is an eyesore, more now than ever. I do think the property needs to be cleaned up. and it probably does need a good inspection. I think others on this thread are just wanting to be a little more respectful to their neighbor, extending them a little common courtesy and giving them a break... perhaps the neighbor (buddy's) should be more respectful of the community... (I do agree though that a few shabby places here and there are good for us. Buddy's is going a little too far.)

the blue signs don't infuriate me, life is way too short.:D but the entire project does make me seriously wonder about the judgement of our TDC. very poor outcome on an important project. unfortunate use of good resources.

you know ibd, these two issues are quite different, and at the same time more comparable than they seem on the surface. they both impact the community in "appearance", and they both could be "unsafe" in different ways as well.

1. the buddy's business owners apparently have no pride or commitment to the appearance and safety of their business. this will damage their business in the long run. and from the posts on this board, the damage is done to a large degree. they are only hurting themselves by neglecting to do what is right. I am not proud of this establishment. but I don't really feel the need to throw them out either. Their future success will be determined by their own action/inaction. meanwhile, it has obviously become a concern to the community. maybe community members will make a gentle effort, as good neighbors, to get something done about it.

2. the people of 30A have great pride in their neighborhoods and insist on signage compatible with the unique character of the community. the big blue monsters probably won't negatively impact the business conducted along 30a as tourists won't care that much about the signs. but 30A businesses and residents have to see them each and every day - these are the folks who make 30A what it is. I think if they are unhappy and want to improve the signs which represent their neighborhoods, then they should take action and do so - and they are doing just that. its very do-able. and if it can be done, then SoWal residents will do it. It's really what sets our community apart. I am proud of this community. the issue is very important to a great many, making it a real community effort. as a result, a desirable outcome will no doubt result. not to mention that the poor design is the work of a govt agency who should be held accountable. our community is showing the TDC that we expect way better.

Toots, that was so well said! ITA!

I haven't stopped at Buddy's except to turn around ;-) but if I needed gas, I'd stop. My issue with appearance and cleanliness comes in regarding the little ones yelling, "Mama, I gotta go to the pottie BBBAAADDD!!!" while I'm thinking, "Why the heck didn't I remember to make them go before we left home?"

If at all possible, I avoid an unsanitary convenience stores regarding that situation. I had to drive a really, really long way in ATL trying to find a suitable restroom for The Wedge (AKA middle child) 'cause areas like Clarkston and Decatur are just nasty right along 285. I would have rather have her pee in the car and fix the mess later than to have taken her into a nasty store.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
2. the people of 30A have great pride in their neighborhoods and insist on signage compatible with the unique character of the community. the big blue monsters probably won't negatively impact the business conducted along 30a as tourists won't care that much about the signs. but 30A businesses and residents have to see them each and every day - these are the folks who make 30A what it is. I think if they are unhappy and want to improve the signs which represent their neighborhoods, then they should take action and do so - and they are doing just that. its very do-able. and if it can be done, then SoWal residents will do it. It's really what sets our community apart. I am proud of this community. the issue is very important to a great many, making it a real community effort. as a result, a desirable outcome will no doubt result. not to mention that the poor design is the work of a govt agency who should be held accountable. our community is showing the TDC that we expect way better.

I think if the area's uniqueness continues to be chipped away at - with things like overdevelopment and big blue signs (just like you find in many towns across the US) - that it will be affected because enough tourists come to SoWal because of it's artistic reputation and because it has that different feel.

Last edited: