• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JustaLocal

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2007
SRB
:wave:He put up a second sign on the east side of his property, facing the water.

At least I know where* to put my towel and chair this Summer!

*South of and between his signs.:cool:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
The problem is that with all things the bad of a few affects everyone.

Organicmama was doing a good thing and being respectful of the beach and not bothering anyone, as stated, enhancing the beauty of the area with picking up litter and having children playing. :love:

However just as you have her being respectful you have others that are not. They litter, they come to to the beach front property and throw up, urinate or worse :blink: and get into homeowners pools. I have seen this behavior in person at friends who have homes affected.

I am sure this behavior is not exhibited by anyone that will read this; but it happens and then innocents such as OM and her children suffer for it.

It is sad :sosad: and have no idea what the answer is.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
which direction were the priv property signs, east or west of that access?

East of it.

We have always instinctively gone west when we have used that access. Yesterday, we were in front of it because absolutely no one was there AND it was chilly, so we never made it to the water.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
The problem is that with all things the bad of a few affects everyone.

Organicmama was doing a good thing and being respectful of the beach and not bothering anyone, as stated, enhancing the beauty of the area with picking up litter and having children playing. :love:

However just as you have her being respectful you have others that are not. They litter, they come to to the beach front property and throw up, urinate or worse :blink: and get into homeowners pools. I have seen this behavior in person at friends who have homes affected.

I am sure this behavior is not exhibited by anyone that will read this; but it happens and then innocents such as OM and her children suffer for it.

It is sad :sosad: and have no idea what the answer is.

Your are totally right. I agree wholeheartedly. It irritates me to no end seeing people trash the beach or private property. I also think, "Didn't their parents raise them better than that???":blink:

My thought about the beaches & ownership is that I would assume, if I bought property on the beach, I would naturally be sharing it with those who come to the beach. Then, instead of privatizing it, I would seek to inform people about respecting the beauty of the beach, instead of littering, etc. Putting up a sign to say "Keep off" or "Private Property" on the beach wouldn't cross my mind. A driveway, pool or a yard is a totally different matter.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Your are totally right. I agree wholeheartedly. It irritates me to no end seeing people trash the beach or private property. I also think, "Didn't their parents raise them better than that???":blink:

My thought about the beaches & ownership is that I would assume, if I bought property on the beach, I would naturally be sharing it with those who come to the beach. Then, instead of privatizing it, I would seek to inform people about respecting the beauty of the beach, instead of littering, etc. Putting up a sign to say "Keep off" or "Private Property" on the beach wouldn't cross my mind. A driveway, pool or a yard is a totally different matter.

Totally agree, such a shame that others do not know proper behavior. :sosad:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Totally agree, such a shame that others do not know proper behavior. :sosad:

You are right on! That's part of the reason I'd never buy on the beach, as it irks me that people haven't evolved enough to know they need to clean up after themselves and behave in an at least halfway decent manner. I guess they think they can't have funn without making a mess!;-)

That is very interesting. I may have to take a look-see. Those lots to the immediate east do not appear to be platted to the Mean High Water Mark.

Which is what Mango was saying earlier. I went & looked at the signs today because I didn't want to accuse someone of something without knowing what I was talking about.