• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mi6491

Beach Comber
Sep 27, 2009
I saw 3 bear cubs today around 4:50 down hwy 83. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but they ran into the woods pretty fast. They were beautiful.

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I got a tip from a fellow SOWALer that the bears were on the prowl tonight, so I went out to see if I could get a pic. I saw three of them, I managed to get a snap of what I guess is a cub. I clearly saw a large bear who went into hiding just out of frame to the left of this pic. I tried to move a bit up the way to get some better shots, but the 'mom' let out an awesome, deep growl, so I backed up and left them alone. They are something else!

rolling dune

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2008
blue mtn.
I saw 3 bear cubs today around 4:50 down hwy 83. I tried to take a picture with my phone, but they ran into the woods pretty fast. They were beautiful.
WOW...that is such a sweet sighting. I live off of 83 and my dogs have had their snouts straight up in the air for days. Two weeks ago I spotted the most beautiful red fox casually strolling down my sandy path. I was on the phone standing at my kitchen window...he heard me talking and stood there looking right at me.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I got a tip from a fellow SOWALer that the bears were on the prowl tonight, so I went out to see if I could get a pic. I saw three of them, I managed to get a snap of what I guess is a cub. I clearly saw a large bear who went into hiding just out of frame to the left of this pic. I tried to move a bit up the way to get some better shots, but the 'mom' let out an awesome, deep growl, so I backed up and left them alone. They are something else!

Were you using Pug bait?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
3 cubs...pretty good for mom bear. Dumpster diving must have been good this summer.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

I wish we had a video of you "backing up" down the road.:lol: