• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
It sounds like a prime location for a restaurant, "The Hole in the Wal".

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
You're on the right track. Somehow we must make it a tourist destination. How many other coastal counties have a major highway collapse? It's unique! Somebody call CNN!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I think we should hold a car wash, bake sale, and silent auction to raise the money to fix it fast. The way this community supports fundraisers, I bet we can get this hole fixed before the county makes the first drawing.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It's not an issue of money, they're letting us use the garbage fund (not a joke). The issue is permitting, anyone know folks at the DEP, EPA, FEMA, etc.?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It's not an issue of money, they're letting us use the garbage fund (not a joke). The issue is permitting, anyone know folks at the DEP, EPA, FEMA, etc.?

We need this bridge constructed correctly - I want it completed quickly just like everybody else, but it needs to be constructed in a way that least impacts the dune lake and even enhances its health.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
You're on the right track. Somehow we must make it a tourist destination. How many other coastal counties have a major highway collapse? It's unique! Somebody call CNN!

It's not such a bad idea. Even if it's negative publicity, it is publicity. I think we could garner a lot of sympathy and at the same time showcase some of the alternative natural beauty of the area. We're not just the gulf, we are a winding hilly Florida road along the coast with magical lakes and forests with critters. This is especially appealing during the non-beach season. The fact that we use ridicule and jokes I really don't think hurts matters at all. Anything that puts us on the map is good. Have Miley Cyrus shake her but over the hole while doing that tongue thing. Whatever it takes.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Leader of the B, you have gone too far this time. Miley is Out! Out! Out! I don't even return the incessant phone calls she leaves on my voice mail...

However, I could see Stephen Colbert making a phone call to Barack Obama, asking him to help us out in this shovel ready endeavor...

Or, Stephen calling Jeff Bridges because surely he knows something about bridges...

Maybe call up Roger and he could play a Troubled Waters Benefit...

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I'm sorry, I got onto youtube without being logged in and I saw all kinds of stuff I never knew existed. I got carried away and decided to share it with everyone. It was an innocent mistake. Look at me. Do I have the face of an instigator?