• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The election is over and regardless of what the voter's said, they obviously do not understand how a good school district functions. That is a sad situation but then it is one of the risks we run by being a republic. Anyone qualified to do so can vote. All votes count. Even the misinformed and uninformed ones and those supplied by some who have no inkling of what an issue is about.

And you wonder why people were happy when you took your toys and went home on Brawlers. You assuredly did not help the "YES" cause.

elizondocomacho

Beach Crab
Aug 19, 2014
okay

Imagine the battle when SoWal incorporates and votes to keep all the bed tax dollars.

And the North stops sending drinking water south of the bay. No matter how much you pat yourselves on the backs for being so special, no water, means no property values.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
And you wonder why people were happy when you took your toys and went home on Brawlers. You assuredly did not help the "YES" cause.

He totally helped the YES cause. And actually, you helped the YES cause too, more than you know. Keep up the good work.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The next candidate will be Carlene Anderson. She told a tv station yesterday she would reconsider her decision to retire if the NO vote won. Guess she figured she would be unqualified to get appointed.

And Misty, Jdarg was stating a FACT about where the county gets its money. If the north does want our involvement, they should refuse our money.

I highly doubt Charlene Anderson is re-electable. I could be wrong...after all, we did get Cecelia Jones back.

Let's also be clear... the Government takes the taxes because South Walton is part of Walton County and is not incorporated. There was allot of discussion about incorporation on these board some time back. I don't recall exactly what the issues were that prevented incorporation...I think having your own law enforcement agency as well as other legal issues prevent it from being an option.

As for the South's involvement...I think everyone has the fundamental right to be involved in the process of changing laws, voting etc. etc. Just because a referendum gets slapped down that some agreed with and others didn't doesn't mean that you get to stop paying taxes. The South's involvement was welcomed by the BCC hence the referendum, the people however showed up and showed out and said they did not want that type of involvement in their Community.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
He totally helped the YES cause. And actually, you helped the YES cause too, more than you know. Keep up the good work.

I'll take the No vote as a reference guide to "help".

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
yep, and the people saw what they were going to be paying for and rejected it despite the arrogance of you and others about it

I don't think Mr. Nettles was nearly as arrogant as several others here who supported the referendum. JMO. In fact he was probably the least arrogant....stating only his views and his reason for supporting a YES vote.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I highly doubt Charlene Anderson is re-electable. I could be wrong...after all, we did get Cecelia Jones back.

Let's also be clear... the Government takes the taxes because South Walton is part of Walton County and is not incorporated. There was allot of discussion about incorporation on these board some time back. I don't recall exactly what the issues were that prevented incorporation...I think having your own law enforcement agency as well as other legal issues prevent it from being an option.

As for the South's involvement...I think everyone has the fundamental right to be involved in the process of changing laws, voting etc. etc. Just because a referendum gets slapped down that some agreed with and others didn't doesn't mean that you get to stop paying taxes. The South's involvement was welcomed by the BCC hence the referendum, the people however showed up and showed out and said they did not want that type of involvement in their Community.

Nobody said anything about not paying taxes anymore.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Nobody said anything about not paying taxes anymore.

So, the BCC should just stop "taking" taxes from the South end because the referendum failed?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
So, the BCC should just stop "taking" taxes from the South end because the referendum failed?

Huh? Having a discussion with you always seems to turn into an unproductive exercise in pointless.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Huh? Having a discussion with you always seems to turn into an unproductive exercise in pointless.

Then perhaps you can explain why the County shouldn't be taking money from the South end anymore??? I'm really trying to understand this concept.