• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
So are you going to pay so that it will stop at your house? The businesses benefit from this so why should they object for paying for it? Most HOA assessments are excessive as they are. Certainly do not need an increase for this.
My point is that each HOA can decide for itself. No one seems to think the T express is a bad idea, it is a debate over how to pay. Personally I think the TDC should kick in some funds.

Businesses are not objecting. This is an effort to VOLUNTARILY expand contributions. No one is requiring it or holding a proverbial gun to your head.

If you are worried your association would vote yes. Lobby them. If you lose, move

30aconcerned

Beach Lover
Oct 26, 2012
My point is that each HOA can decide for itself. No one seems to think the T express is a bad idea, it is a debate over how to pay. Personally I think the TDC should kick in some funds.

Businesses are not objecting. This is an effort to VOLUNTARILY expand contributions. No one is requiring it or holding a proverbial gun to your head.

If you are worried your association would vote yes. Lobby them. If you lose, move

It's not your place to tell anyone to move or not. Or does being a "Parent" give you that right. Keep your advice for your children.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
They need to hit up Hammock Bay HOA. It's a vehicle for some of Jay Odom's political contributions, like some of his others. I'm sure the homeowners themselves would have no voice.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
It's not your place to tell anyone to move or not. Or does being a "Parent" give you that right. Keep your advice for your children.
The point again is that T Express request is optional for your HOA or condo association just like it is for businesses. It may be the right thing for some and not others. I assume this would (or would not) be reviewed as part of each association's yearly budget process. Seems to me this is free market principles and democracy at its best. My words about moving were ill-chosen. I should have written that if any of us are unhappy with the decisions our own HOAs make, we have options to lobby the homeowners, vote out the board of directors or any number of other options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Here is one board member who will not support this request and I don't believe our HOA will either. The businesses profit from the use of the T express. They should be the ones who support it. The transportation during tourist season is a good idea, though.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
If my math is correct the average riders per day is 38 people. They ran for 120 days and carried less than 4600 people. It would be interesting to see the cost per "passenger".

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Every time we saw the shuttle all through the season never saw more than one or two on board. Suspect 4500 riders is a bogus number and, as pointed out by others, even if true represents a low utilization rate. I predict that, like many programs pushed by gov't, this will eventually be taxpayer funded as it will be nonsustaining on the revenues generated from businesses. As the costs of supporting go up supporters will drop away = gov't intervention. I'm sure our HOA would not participate.

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Every time we saw the shuttle all through the season never saw more than one or two on board. Suspect 4500 riders is a bogus number and, as pointed out by others, even if true represents a low utilization rate. I predict that, like many programs pushed by gov't, this will eventually be taxpayer funded as it will be nonsustaining on the revenues generated from businesses. As the costs of supporting go up supporters will drop away = gov't intervention. I'm sure our HOA would not participate.

It should be business supported only. Use it for their employees, make Seaside and Watercolor kick in a chunk to park their employees off site. More parking, more dollars. I damn sure wouldnt pay for it, but have people pay a buck or two if they use the service. Common sense?