• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Auburn Fan

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Auburn
Are you Reggie's momma? Sounds like he broke a rule and not your concern. If you don't like the way things go here, find another forum is the message I got. Lighten up Francis is the other message I have for you.

Double standards should be everyone's concern who wishes to participate in an open forum in an honest, engaging, and informative manner.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Board of County Commissioners on 2019-03-26 9:00 AM - Regular Meeting - Mar 26th, 2019 << Must see TV. Video time 1:08:39 Walton TDC Beach Director Brian Kellenberger. Click and press video play.
Very enlightening. Danny Glidewell seems to get the issue of the beach vendor chairs on public accesses. Gotta love Alan Osborne.

Also did not realize there are “leased” sections of beach by the county as well as public accesses that exist only by easement.

Thanks for pointing that out.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Double standards should be everyone's concern who wishes to participate in an open forum in an honest, engaging, and informative manner.
Show me a double standard. You could always start your own website to spread your propaganda if this one isn't to your liking...

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Show me a double standard. You could always start your own website to spread your propaganda if this one isn't to your liking...
The very nature of your post is a double standard. You call BFO posts propaganda and suggest starting another website. Why not suggest the same thing to the CU people who knowingly peddle a myriad of mistruths even when confronted with the facts?

Sheesh, the pot calling the kettle black.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Very enlightening. Danny Glidewell seems to get the issue of the beach vendor chairs on public accesses. Gotta love Alan Osborne.

Also did not realize there are “leased” sections of beach by the county as well as public accesses that exist only by easement.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Much of Grayton Beach beach is State land leased to the County.

From GRAYTON BEACH NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN (Adopted February 10, 2015) There may be more up to date plans but this had a good explanation.

Grayton Dunes State Recreation Area was acquired by the State of Florida through the Save Our Coast program administered by the Florida Department of Natural Resources (now Department of Environmental Protection - FDEP), Division of Parks and Recreation. In January 1985, the portion of the site fronting Grayton Beach was leased to the FDEP for 50 years. In October 1986, the site was sub-leased to Walton County for environmental protection and compatible public outdoor recreation by the State of Florida, Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund, Lease No. 3884. (See Figure 2. Grayton Dunes County Park). The lease specifically authorizes the launching of boats from this site.

16.1 Findings. The portion of Grayton Beach that permits vehicular access is leased to Walton County from the State of Florida. The stated purpose of the lease is for conservation and public recreation. It is important that Walton County is a good steward of this land and that it adheres to the requirements and purpose of the lease. As such, it is in the public’s interest that vending on public and private lands is addressed. Vending on the beaches of Walton County is controlled by Ordinance 2013-04. This plan incorporates Ordinance 2013-04 (January 2013) by reference and offers the following:

16.2 Vending on Public Land Owned by the State of Florida. Vending on State owned public breaches requires annual written authorization from the State of Florida and any private owner whose southern property line is contiguous to the proposed vending location.

16.3 Vending on Public Land Owned by Walton County. Vending on county owned public beaches in Grayton Beach requires annual written authorization from Walton County and any private owner whose southern property line is contiguous to the proposed vending location.

16.4 Vending on Private Property. Vending of private property requires annual written authorization from the property owner.

16.5 Launching of Boats. Authority to launch boats on Grayton Beach is provided in the sublease from the State of Florida to Walton County. Nothing in this plan alters this authorize use.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
The very nature of your post is a double standard. You call BFO posts propaganda and suggest starting another website. Why not suggest the same thing to the CU people who knowingly peddle a myriad of mistruths even when confronted with the facts?

Sheesh, the pot calling the kettle black.

Why so defensive? I am calling out the Auburn fan's propaganda and aggressive postings, not all beachfront owners in general. Although I do see several new members on this thread who arrived en masse to attack and demean under the guise of facts and honesty. It is really obvious and gross. Not to mention singling out a couple of members of their opposition and bashing them. Axe grinding is not allowed on this site.

There is a single standard - treat others with respect. If you don't want honest, respectful conversation, go somewhere else or start your own website.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Why so defensive? I am calling out the Auburn fan's propaganda and aggressive postings, not all beachfront owners in general.
BS!
You’re calling all BFOs out. Can’t even be truthful about that.

There is a single standard - treat others with respect. If you don't want honest, respectful conversation, go somewhere else or start your own website.
More BS about “respect”. I guess you’ve forgotten about my reply to Dave R’s post about his call for respect long before yours...

Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy (Rauschkolb respect post/reply)

He still won’t acknowledge or deny the horrific anology made by Daniel Uhlfelder. Combine that with Uhlfelder’s repeated efforts along with his supporters to intentionally harass BFOs with his trespassing antics.

How about you? Care to step up to the plate? Start a little respectful dialogue and say something like Uhlfelder crossed the line literally (via provocative trespassing) and figuratively (hurtful analogy).

Remember, Teresa gave him a pass, saying “heartfelt” comment and all. I certainly won’t.

RESPECT. Hell even Aretha Franklin couldn’t get any. BFOs certainly ain’t gonna find any here on this forum.

Last edited: