• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
James Bentwood is correct. Reggie has a few good points for discussion but Reggie has elevated himself to being the sole decider of what is right and what is wrong which is an abuse of power. For example, I made an offer to help with putting together a live debate but there is no response from that side at all. It is clear that there never was any purpose in community or compromise or discussion. One decider is all that is needed as long as it is Reggie. I believe the tactic that is being used is to stay in the weeds (or maybe clouds) where it is safe to attack without compromising anything. If Reggie would come back down to earth where us humans exist and face each other in a live debate at least the community would benefit from a civil discussion. Funny how a debate was Reggie's idea as long as he decides the rules...

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
I don't think Reggie is the one who is the judge and jury of right and wrong. That title goes to the leader of the CU movement.
Are you Reggie (not a real name so I guess you can say no)? Your Freeport location is a sore thumb dead giveaway - non beachfront owner from FREEPORT who supports exclusive private beaches. Yeah right. Or do you live there and own beachfront? Rentals? If so then you have a dog in the fight and are hiding?

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
Are you Reggie (not a real name so I guess you can say no)? Your Freeport location is a sore thumb dead giveaway - non beachfront owner from FREEPORT who supports exclusive private beaches. Yeah right. Or do you live there and own beachfront? Rentals? If so then you have a dog in the fight and are hiding?
No, I don't own beachfront property. Why am I supporting the bf owners? It's really none of your business but I have an opinion about it. Is Jensky your real name, not that I give a rat's rear end?

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
No, I don't own beachfront property. Why am I supporting the bf owners? It's really none of your business but I have an opinion about it. Is Jensky your real name, not that I give a rat's rear end?
My name is irrelevant. There are millions of us. But I suspect 2 or 3 beachfront owners who are now full time internet bullies with a dozen sock puppets.

Tell us your opinion. Your posts are all over the place and the only thing i'm sure of is you are trying to stir up trouble.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Kathryn, If that is true about the leader of the CU movement and that person does not hide their identity then that person is open to opposing viewpoints. Reggie on the other hand either believes that he is either superior to public discussion or is not who he says he is. And he has said a lot!

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
From the lawsuit paperwork filed by the county against all private beachfront property owners.

3. The sources of evidence that the County Commission would rely upon to prove a recreational customary use has been ancient, reason, without interruption, and free from dispute are listed on Exhibit “B” which is attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference. PASSED AND DULY ADOPTED in a special session by the Board of County Commissioners for Walton County, Florida, this 3rd day of November 2018.

Exhibit “B” are the affidavits.

Please, SOMEONE, show JUST ONE affidavit that explains, or even MENTIONS, how this lawsuit, filed by the county, to remove private property rights (right of exclusion), is reasonable, without interruption, and free from dispute.

ANYONE? The County MUST PROVE ALL 4 criteria, Ancient, Reasonable, Without Interruption, and Free from Dispute, and the ONLY evidence they provided for the Judge to make that decision are the affidavits, which have no mention of reasonable, without interruption, or free from dispute? How do you think the Judge is going to rule?

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
We should have a live debate and I agree. On keeping the beaches public side I believe we should have an opponent that is at least equal in debate experience. Why do you keep attacking Dave who may or may not have debate experience? Why not lets all put our words where our mouth is an set up a live debate with the person who is posting under the name of Reggie Gaskins.

The American rule of law and US Constitution are the "debate" rules we all live by; including private property rights. The "debate" is the COURT with "equal" debaters Walton tax payers are paying millions of dollars for. The judge(s) are the only ones with authority to interpret the law and decide the "debate" winner. No one has attacked Dave Rauschkolb here - just his baseless fact-less misinformed CU beliefs that are spread on social media to incite the masses.

Why not put your CU beliefs, and any other CU believer (Dave Rauschkplb?), facts, if you have any, where your mouth is and each put $15,000 of your own money in escrow and if private beachfront property rights prevail in court your money goes to pay the millions in legal fees of the the owners of the 650+ private beachfront parcels that did not have a choice? If owners wanted to protect their Constitutional property rights. If Walton Commissioners' CU case as litigated prevails you get your money back.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Kathryn, If that is true about the leader of the CU movement and that person does not hide their identity then that person is open to opposing viewpoints. Reggie on the other hand either believes that he is either superior to public discussion or is not who he says he is. And he has said a lot!
Very well said. You have defined the lack of credibility for the beach front owners.

I doubt they care though. They know the courts will decide (and seem to believe in a win). So if you have no credibility, and think you are superior, the only reason to post is to bully and grind your axe against those who have the good of the community in mind.

Customary Use activists sure did get under their skin.