• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Seems that the thrust of that blog article at Editor's Opinion: Maybe Political Satire isn't for you? Or Maybe it's just for you! is that the ugly signs, chains, etc., are expression of political satire. Really? Or is that satire also? I get the feeling that the folks opposed to CU in this thread are just trying to goad pro CU folks into making comments that can be used in the opposition's lawsuit. Maybe not but I have a suspicious mind.

Bingo! Add anonymous folks opposed to CU, Hiding behind fake names.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Now that I've seen the video on Facebook, all I can say is how juvenile it is. Poor guy just wants attention for his business and is pissed off that the entire 26 miles of beach is not his oyster (business wise).

And to Teresa's credit, I see where she asks him to remove it but he obviously hasn't.

I understand Dave R not condemning his friend regarding the Nazi card. It does nothing to further the CU cause. But has Dave R refused to outright condemn this video? Please fill me in. Was it also posted on other pro-CU Facebook pages?

Added...BTW the original Chuck Norris was much funnier as it didn't "attack" a group of people for their belief in defending private property rights - only that the "victims" were a little klutzy (actually a bit funny after you look at it from that point of view):

This is not to excuse the other video regarding the heated debate of customary use!!!!!!

Last edited:

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Bingo! Add anonymous folks opposed to CU, Hiding behind fake names.
Diversion, rhetoric, and silly ditty is your responses? Can you describe how any legal criteria of customary use applies to private property? Why would any beachfront owner identify themselves so Ulhfelder and others can pick a fight and taunt law enforcement on anti-social media?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
....A recent public records request shows that Walton Commissioners have expended $757,747 of tax payers dollars. Should the beachfront property owners prevail; that’s less than half the costs to the Walton tax payer and we just started the litigating. What do the commissioners care; it's not their personal money. CUnCourt.

I was going to ask you if the BCC will have to foot the legal bills of the BFOs should the County ultimately lose this battle when I saw the $757,747 amount you mentioned. Then I re-read the above bolded statement and found the answer. I wonder how many people out there know this small but potentially VERY EXPENSIVE fact.

I don't hear too much about this aspect although I thought that to be the case in the beginning.

Yep, I can hear the conversation of a real estate agent and a potential buyer of private beach front property a few years down the road, "And don't forget you might receive several thousands of dollars from the county if the CU is shot down in the courts." Just another selling point. Agents are always looking for ways to entice buyers. :rolleyes:

So if the county loses, does Daniel Uhlfelder's client also get their money back that they paid him? Will they have to share part of that with Mr. Uhlfelder? Interesting and complicated.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
....I understand Dave R not condemning his friend regarding the Nazi card. It does nothing to further the CU cause. And IMHO, that issue is 100x worse than the video in our discussion. But has Dave R even refused to outright condemn this video?

Never mind! Dave R never disappoints. Gosh, this is getting pathetic.

OK so I’m only going to talk to you because at least I know who you are. So, I watch the “sniper“ video and it’s Clint Eastwood shooting a streaker. That means someone naked running through Seaside. How exactly does that translate into a beachfront owner? Waiting for your answer. Thank you. Love and kisses.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Nope, It's pretty clear this young man is trying to advance his business somehow through his bizarre posts. I don't see what he hopes to accomplish by posting this stuff. He is operating on his own and does not seem to listen to anyone.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Nope, It's pretty clear this young man is trying to advance his business somehow through his bizarre posts. I don't see what he hopes to accomplish by posting this stuff. He is operating on his own and does not seem to listen to anyone.
Dave, would like a serious discussion of the old English law of customary use you and the commissioners base your positions on? So far I agree it’s been a circular discussion, many ask for facts, no one offers any facts or even verifiable opinions; more distraction about aliases and “alternative” facts (that I still do not understand the definition of, you have to have facts to be an alternative to), and legally meaningless partisan polls.

Or how about what facts do you base your public position that beachfront property owners took public beachfront property by filing a $400 quiet title form? I offered facts about that. So far you nor anyone else have disputed or offered alternative facts.

Want to discuss if Vizcaya private beachfront was EVER "public" beach property? Facts here > Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy
That's C.G.'s factual legally based Vizcaya slide at the FBFA meeting isn't it?
2019-02-26 FBFA Vizcaya private property.jpg

I answered your question “How exactly does that translate into a beachfront owner? Waiting for your answer.” Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

What would be your response had a beachfront owner produced a video like that? What do you think the CU social media would be like had a beachfront owner produced that video?

So far you’ve distanced yourself and the CU cause by, it’s in “poor taste”, jokes about who the shooter is (like that matters), that it is bizarre; but you have not disavowed the video for it’s message of violence, rhetorical or not. Why have you not is disavowed this C.G. video in public where the video is posted? You are quick to file a police report on an anonymous blogger that you admitted to police you felt threatened by but not a FB active shooter video you know who produced it?

I hope you take the opportunity in an open forum to answer questions that have been posted and to clear the air.

Last edited by a moderator:

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
I'm a little confused by all of this. I read that H.B. 631 established the procedure for adopting a customary use ordinance. Part of that procedure is going to court to affirm cu. That's whats happening. It's now in the hands of the courts. What's the issue? What is this converastion on Sowal suppose to achieve?

The prior ordinance sunsetted with H.B. 631 appearing to single out Walton County based on the dates it spelled out. I don't see how that can be disputed.