• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
I have a vision of 2 pygmies shacked up at the Days Inn. Creflo Dollar comes on the TV and one of the pygmies throws the Gideons bible at the tube. Is this part of evolution, or will the pygmies burn in hell?

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
this is silly. their beliefs are every bit as "true" and "valid" as yours or mine. what happens to them depends on what they believe. not what we believe.

Scratch my answer. I like Tootsie's better.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
God is a god of love and forgiveness. Ro 1 says "...what may be known about God is plain to mankind, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse (for not seeking him and knowing him)." Men were saved (welcomed and forgiven by God) by faith before Jesus just as we are saved by faith now. Faith in the eternal God and his plan for mankind. The sacrifices he commanded in the old testament were a reminder to them of their need for God. The sacrifices didn't bring their forgiveness, their faith did. When Jesus came and made the final pure and holy sacrifice, our sins are forgiven, again, by faith in Him. The God who created the world and sustains it can and will do whatever he wills. Who are we, his creation, to question his plan. :love:

Last edited:

Lollerwaffle

Beach Comber
Dec 27, 2007
That's an interesting answer, Tootsie. So you think that Christians go to heaven and people of other faiths that believe in different after lifes go to the afterlife that they believe in?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
That's an interesting answer, Tootsie. So you think that Christians go to heaven and people of other faiths that believe in different after lifes go to the afterlife that they believe in?

that is kind of a simplified view, but to be honest, I don't know and IMO no one else does either.

but my personal belief is that God is God, and he is loved and worshipped in many many ways, from very ancient cultures/religions to our own modern day cultures and religions.

religion/faiths are not even part of the equation, IMO. these are man made. they are important to some. but not necessarily the way to a good life, or to heaven.

Last edited:

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
that is kind of a simplified view, but to be honest, I don't know and IMO no one else does either.

but my personal belief is that God is God, and he is loved and worshipped in many many ways, from very ancient cultures/religions to our own modern day cultures and religions.

religion/faiths are not even part of the equation, IMO. these are man made. they are important to some. but not necessarily the way to a good life, or to heaven.

I could not have said it better! You are are a refreshingly open minded person!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

Almost every religious leader condemns every other religion to some form of hell or punishment, yet if you actually read their scriptures or texts, they don't, so it's not exactly keeping me up at night. :roll:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm still wondering of all the people who died before Jesus was born, are going to Hell for not believing.

Where in the world did you get such an awful idea? That's just plain crazy.

No all people born before Jesus was born are all now in Heaven. Their timing was very good on this. Jesus did not die for their sins, just ours.

this is silly. their beliefs are every bit as "true" and "valid" as yours or mine. what happens to them depends on what they believe. not what we believe.

Thanks for proving my point, NoHall. It is plain crazy. I got the concept from church, Southern Baptist of course, and they are still preaching it. Mostly, they focus on Mark 16:16, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned." They too often forget verse 15, "And he said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to the whole creation." I believe the idea in the the verses above, is that when the Gospel is presented to someone and they fully understand the concept of the Gospel, and they still choose to reject it, they will be condemned. Those who never heard the Gospels, or those who don't understand the Gospels, aren't condemned, but the Bible doesn't say that they are going to Heaven, either.

Tootsie, many Southern Baptists still preach this, so silly or not, their congregations buy into the idea that all non-believers are going to Hell.