• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PTWizard

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2005
Columbus, OH
You know, one of the things I love about South Walton is the variety and oddities. Every time I come down here I drive around looking at everything that's been built in the past six months. It's so much more fun than Columbus, OH where virtually all of the housing looks pretty much the same,...very boring. Our house here in Columbus is pretty typical, inside and out, very conservative, nice but sort of dull. But, our house at the beach is sort of like the leaning tower of Pisa and filled with flamingos and color. It's known as Paradise Romantica and you can find pictures at www.GarrettRealty.com. It's where we let our hair down, relax and have fun. No one needs a beach house, much less a beach mansion, but it sure makes life interesting and more fun. Personally, I love the photos from above the Hilton House that show it's true design, "Winged Dove" and I also find the juxtapostion of the Georgian Mansion and the ultra modern Hilton house amusing. I, for one, love that people are able to express themselves here and hope that never changes.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Paradise Sea said:
I, for one, love that people are able to express themselves here and hope that never changes.

.....as long as it complies subdivision covenents. (Try painting your house at Aly's flamingo pink and see what happens) :D

J-WS6

Beach Comber
May 22, 2007
Houston, TX
Bringing this post back from the dead but...

I visited here for my 3rd time this past may and drove by this house on the way to my condo. I was amazed, being an architecture student here in houston, I had to know more about the house. So I approached it from a beach one day and got as close as I was allowed to but still wasn't happy. So I emailed Mr. Dyson (the architect) and he was happy enough to send me more pictures. This is all I have at my work computer, but there's more at home.

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Bringing this post back from the dead but...

I visited here for my 3rd time this past may and drove by this house on the way to my condo. I was amazed, being an architecture student here in houston, I had to know more about the house. So I approached it from a beach one day and got as close as I was allowed to but still wasn't happy. So I emailed Mr. Dyson (the architect) and he was happy enough to send me more pictures. This is all I have at my work computer, but there's more at home.

Thanks for posting! I for one would love a tour.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks for the update and :welcome: ! Are these photos current? Did he say if or when it would be finished?

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
That outdoor room in the last photo looks really cool.

I wonder how much Charlie would pay me to wash his windows everyday?

J-WS6

Beach Comber
May 22, 2007
Houston, TX
As far as I'm concerned yes, they are current. You can also see in the first pic that there is now a wall built around the property. I had asked why the project was taking so long, but he never gave me an answer.