• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Re: Complete HURRICANE KATRINA Information

WGTX1280AM said:
The Talk Programming is for just Certain Day Times. Right Now Till 9:00pm we play Rock n' Roll Oldies............

During the live coverage, will you have reporters on the Beach get sanded, like Jim Catchatori for TWC?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

I thought this was some station from TX...TEXAS!!!? And yes, we do have stations that broadcast with W and K...big state I guess.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Smiling JOe said:
Or Georgia Tech.

Dude..you are fast! That makes sense!!! I don't get out too much!

E

Excalibur

Nooooooooooo we are not from Texas - the Broadcast Tower is just south of DeFuniak. I also am a resident of SoWal.

What do you think "The Heartbeat of the Panhandle" means - that we are in the Texas Panhandle?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Excalibur

Smiling Joe, since I live here in Blue Mountain, of course we can report from the Beach - we do it everytime. We were the only station that Broadcast all of the way through Hurricane Ivan last year.................. :clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

WGTX1280AM said:
Nooooooooooo we are not from Texas - the Broadcast Tower is just south of DeFuniak. I also am a resident of SoWal.

What do you think "The Heartbeat of the Panhandle" means - that we are in the Texas Panhandle?

Oh my...cut me some slack here. I asked a question. I did not even know about your station or it's "The Heartbeat of the Panhandle" slogan. ?...are there any other states besides FL, TX, and OK that have panhandles? This TX gal loves FL and TX...even OK some days!

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005

WGTX1280AM said:
Smiling Joe, since I live here in Blue Mountain, of course we can report from the Beach - we do it everytime. We were the only station that Broadcast all of the way through Hurricane Ivan last year.................. :clap_1:

Was anyone listening? I don't think I have AM on my radio. Ever thought about podcasting?

E

Excalibur

Yes, Arbitron showed about 100,000 people listened during Hurricane Ivan. We were heard from Pensacola to Panama City along the coast and from Century, Fl past Marianna up into Dothan and Ozark Alabama.

Podcasting should be enabled in less than a month.

Thanks for your suggestions.

PS Sueshore, slack has been cut. :D

PSS I am originally from Texas..................But for the past decade and as far as I can see into the future SoWal is where I live. :clap_1:

tropicwatch

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2005
tropicwatch.info

I think we will see landfall between Panama City and Pensacola. That seems to be the middle area between the eastern most models and western most models. Of course this all depends how far west Katrina moves in the GOM and when it starts a northward turn.
Model Tracks & Floater Image

Status
Not open for further replies.