• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
As said by everyone, thanks Kurt, SJ, CCK, and others on the scene. I was off the board all day on business in Birmingham and battled a lot of rain and tornado warnings/watches all the way back to Atlanta. It was brutal not being able to read the posts (since I'm addicted) but my wife was online checking and calling me with the reports.

Sounds like SoWal, the dunes, and the beaches did well considering the possibilities.

Again, thanks for all of the info. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: Keep it coming. We are coming down this Friday and hope to run into some of you guys. :cool:

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
pgurney said:
We're having a couple of good gusts right now. My first foam storm! Walked outside and splat, right on the cheek. LOL.

:blink: Kurt has an excellent picture of the "foam storm". I've never seen anything like that! Very interesting!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
The Governor of Mississippi is reporting 80 deaths in one county alone. Bad times..

msnbc.com

BeachBebe

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Many thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge of SoWal. This morning I am asking for help for a friend who lives gulffront in Ocean Springs, Miss. She is with family in Atlanta and cannot contact anyone as to condition of her home. Can anyone tell me at what point NOAA images of the area might be available, or know of another link that might help her? Her address is 1001 Point Aux Chenes, Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Again, many thanks for all the information and enjoyment I have received from all of you posters on this sight.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
BeachBebe said:
Many thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge of SoWal. This morning I am asking for help for a friend who lives gulffront in Ocean Springs, Miss. She is with family in Atlanta and cannot contact anyone as to condition of her home. Can anyone tell me at what point NOAA images of the area might be available, or know of another link that might help her? Her address is 1001 Point Aux Chenes, Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Again, many thanks for all the information and enjoyment I have received from all of you posters on this sight.

No info, just sending prayers her way. God Bless.

WaltonUndercurrent

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2005
Some of my partners family live in Biloxi and we have friends in Ocean Spring. We haven't been abe to get up with - phones are down and cell phones are useless. We'll just have to keep trying and assume that they will contact us when they can.

wintersbk

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2005
TEXAS
BeachBebe said:

Maybe this will help:

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3782912

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
There are some gut wrenching photos of N.O. here if you want to take a gander..

NOLA

Status
Not open for further replies.