• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Original "posture":

I have always firmly believed the beaches are for all of us to enjoy. The edge of the bluff or the edge of the dunes should be the property line for beach front homeowners. Even this "mean high tide waterline" rule is ridiculous.

When you pay for beach front you are paying for the view and the risk of being washed away in a hurricane, you're not paying for the beach behind you. Trying to own the beach is like trying to own the sky.

I would proudly be arrested for walking on the beach anywhere on the "Beaches of South Walton." Get it? The Beaches of South Walton. Do we need to change the name of the place?

Dave, "come and get me" Rauschkolb.

Latest "posture":

I recommend any protest be organized, respectful, and in the mean high tide water line. Being anything but honorable will just look bad. Stay within the law make your points heard and enjoy the beach with a smile.

I like the "new" Dave a whole lot better. :D

You missed my point altogether. I was cheering on OZBEACHMOM and giving her advice to be more effective. She is as willing as I am to be arrested over this IF it comes to it as there are many more willing folks ...IF it comes to it. I am out of town or I would be there myself chatting it up with the security guards. Kudos to Sowallers who are keeping an eye on this in person.

Provoking an arrest is effective but is no longer necessary in this situation. The arrests have happened and so now the opposition has begun. The words "led away in handcuffs" was all the spark needed to turn the tide. How many hours a day do you spend on this?

So, I am sorry my dear BMBVagrant I believe the public has always won on this issue and will continue to do so. And my prediction is: When this is all decided access could be broader than the MHTWL not less. And any "posture" I have will be sitting with my butt firmly in the dry, white sand.

The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems. ......Mahatma Gandhi

Jul 16, 2007
Smiling Joe

Are you the site moderator?

If you are the moderator, I would respect your opinion. Please respect mine.

You ahve one particular reader that has attacked my character. What do you plan on doing about it. This information may help you understand my position....

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm.
Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation.
Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a fixed or medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.
The typical elements of a cause of action for defamation are:
  1. A false and defamatory statement concerning another;
  2. The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party;
  3. If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and
  4. Damage to the plaintiff.
http://www.attorneys-usa.com/intentional/defamation.html

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
GG, you think someone slandered or libeled you? where? I don't see anything of the sort. I saw someone try to make heads or tails of all your posts, which are quite tiring to read(a little too much liberty with font types, sizing and color for my old eyes), but i see no one attacking your character. maybe i'm missing a post somewhere.

Dave R, get away from the computer and get your azz in the water :cool: you're on vacation, remember? hello to bobby.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling Joe

Are you the site moderator?

If you are the moderator, I would respect your opinion. Please respect mine.

You ahve one particular reader that has attacked my character. What do you plan on doing about it. This information may help you understand my position....

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm.
Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation.​

Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a fixed or medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.​
The typical elements of a cause of action for defamation are:
  1. A false and defamatory statement concerning another;
  2. The unprivileged publication of the statement to a third party;
  3. If the defamatory matter is of public concern, fault amounting at least to negligence on the part of the publisher; and
  4. Damage to the plaintiff.
http://www.attorneys-usa.com/intentional/defamation.html

He's a moderator if he wants to be, and doesn't need a title to moderate or warrant your respect. You are earning none by posting irrelevant info and links. Please stick to the matter at hand, or at least don't interfere with the normal course of discussion.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Graham, I don't recall disrespecting you or your opinion. We each have our own thoughts, and that is what makes the world go around.

Please post all you want to about the ADA, as I mentioned it is a needed topic, but please do so by starting a new thread on that subject. If every beach issue is brought into this thread, the ideas and thoughts on this thread lose value, meaning, and purpose.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I had to wait for it to get light out. Bobby, Ed and I just had a good morning surf together. It's about to rain; time for a siesta. Pura Vida! Dave

GG, you think someone slandered or libeled you? where? I don't see anything of the sort. I saw someone try to make heads or tails of all your posts, which are quite tiring to read(a little too much liberty with font types, sizing and color for my old eyes), but i see no one attacking your character. maybe i'm missing a post somewhere.

Dave R, get away from the computer and get your azz in the water :cool: you're on vacation, remember? hello to bobby.

Jul 16, 2007
'GG, you think someone slandered or libeled you? where? I don't see anything of the sort. '

Once again, there is no need for judges and lawyers in SOWAL. All these positions have been taken by the bloggers.

Trust me I should be able to find several that don't think as you do. Dollar figure? You tell me.

There's a big difference when attacking an anonymous blogger and a blogger that clearly states their name, location and profession.

Lets face it , your approach isn't about fixing anything in SOWAL, its about beating down the 'opposition' by threats and intimidation. It's the ego trip. You're right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Do you see any other bloggers saying that you shouldn't post about this or that.... No siree Bob

or

Think carefully before you answer that question

or

If you didn't oppose private beaches you would get more listings

Its all small town intimidation. Nuthin new here folks.

Here, a storms just moved in from the Gulf and that means surf up ....

Oh maybe we start a thread on treating everyones opinion with respect, without intimidation and without threats?

I'll post this ahead to save you the effort :
'GG, you think someone slandered or libeled you or threatened you or intimidated you or anyone else on the blog? where? I don't see anything of the sort. Where are my d*mn spectacles? Honey, please get off my specs, some beach nut said sumin about sumin and I feel hard pressed to respond to his jabin. D*mn foreigners think they no about every thin'

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: One more fur pa

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2007
Let me state that character assasination has nothing to do with the topic of beach access. It's not acceptable on any level anywhere.

I would request that the site moderator remove the character assasinations from this website, as well he should.

There is every opportunity to login as an anonymous blogger and do the same. It's not in my character to do so, but you are setting a presidence for others. Where are your blog rules? Pray tell the location as I don't like being a target for anyone, especially on what appears to be a real estate website.

Jul 16, 2007
Well Kurt says there are no written rules. Too bad, cause there should be to keep things civil.

I trust Kurt will keep the blog available to everyone that is respectful and why not, its a great source of expression. Lets not tell someone making a big effort, to voice an opinion about a subject, to hush up. Its their opinion and its not an attack on your specific character. They/me have that right and trust me, I'm not going to jail because of it.

Being that this is a private blog, Kurt can do whatever he pleases. Delete my comments, ban me, and on and on. This after all isn't a government blog, its his private deal and he's entiled to do with it what he pleases.

Side note: I do like the blog Kurt, you did a good job