• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Nobody drinks Rosemount here Shelly; plenty of cheap Chilean wines abound. For the price of a hotel room at the Atlanta airport you get paradise with full breakfast included. Ok, sorry folks we got off topic, Y'all get back to the Handcuffs and I'll make my way to the beach for my afternoon surf session.

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
Maybe this is a good time to morph this thread into a discussion of how to slow down the overdevelopment on 30-a. A moratorium on lot splits, no more approvals for large or small scale amendments for land use changes, no more approvals for development orders and no extensions for previously approved development orders and no more INFILL classification south of 98.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
do you have ideas of how this could be accomplished? I would like to hear ideas/thoughts/strategies...

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I suggest starting a new thread on that topic; it seems this one has fizzled and rightly so at least for now.

Maybe this is a good time to morph this thread into a discussion of how to slow down the overdevelopment on 30-a. A moratorium on lot splits, no more approvals for large or small scale amendments for land use changes, no more approvals for development orders and no extensions for previously approved development orders and no more INFILL classification south of 98.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
fizzled might be accurate, at least a little bit. Saturday, being a big check in day, seemed uneventful on the beach in front of The Retreat. Security no where in sight, three or four small groups of people sitting on the dry sand, near the wet sand, and a few people actually from The Retreat were sitting in the chairs which are usually empty.

Maybe they are just trying to avoid a big news story by telling the security to lay low.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005