• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
Please post the response you get from management. I can't see denying a homeowner these benefits. We do not rent our home and should not be penalized for it. The amenities was a huge factor in purchasing a home in Watercolor for our family.

I'm anxious for the response too. This has been my point. While it peeves me as a renter, it inflames me as a potential homeowner. We feel the same way. A large part of the appeal of WC is the amenities. I shouldn't be forced to either rent my home, or use a certain rental company to enjoy all my community has to offer. As I stated earlier, I'm paying a premium to live there, or own a second home there. I shouldn't be denied services because of a monopoly... whose using my buildings to supply those services!

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Noble House says that there is a list of amenities for the exclusive use of owners of homes on the WC rental program and renters of those properties, For owners who don't rent through WC rental program, including those who don't rent their home out at all, they do not have use of those select privileges which are ran and funded through Noble House (WC rental program).

If you are an owner, you can elect to choose the elite or advantage package, giving you some choices of which amenities that will be included.

There is also talk of changing one or two items on that list to make available for fee for WC owners who do not rent their home.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Well, that is as clear as mud, Ms Kitty. This letter makes it indeed sound as though homeowners who don't choose to rent their house in WC, won't have access to things like bicycles, kayaks, bonfires, etc. I am going to call the new guy in charge over there this afternoon and see if I can get clarification.

:lolabove:...good call! The letter didn't c/p with the links for each package. I am still confused and need to make my list of questions and make the call.

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
just reading this blog gives me a headache. so much confusion - if i were thinking of buying or even renting, i would definitely want the info in writing!

Beachduck

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
If you own a home and pay your HOA dues($1000+ quarter) you should have all amenities offered by the development in my opinion. I understand not offering to outside guests. Was Watercolor's or is Watercolor's main focus renting or selling to second homeowners ? Looks as though there focus could be moving in a bad direction for owners who want a second home just for themselves and family. There is no way I can see where you can cash flow a property by renting it at todays prices much less prices from a few years back. If they are focusing on rent then they better be ready for the backlash from non renting owners. Mgt. is going to kill the bright spot they have in home and lot sales in my opinion. Just seems like bad business to offer a renter something a homeowner can't have. Reminds me of 4th of July fireworks show when you could not get to the beach without a wristband. I witnessed one homeowner having a confrontation with staff over beach access at the beach club walk over on this issue. He was pissed because they would not let him use something he thought he was paying to maintain. Maybe it is just a very few small things offered that will not effect my family's visit. I just hate to tell the kids they can't do something that other kids are doing just because their grandparents are owner's, not renters. We rented for years and I never expected to be given more amenities than an owner. I guess we could put the house in a LLC and rent it to ourselves so we could enjoy the entire vaction experience. It would only cost us 30%. What a deal, buy ahouse for a million$$ + , pay insurance, maintenance, HOA dues, taxes, garbage, lights, water, landscape and then RENT to a mgt. company to get somethinga renter pays nominal fes for. What a great deal!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm not sure that the HOA covers the expense of these "priviledges." My understanding is that these "privileges" are paid for by Noble House/WC Rental Programs. The only question is regarding the boat house/dock, kayaks, canoes, which appear to be part of the commonly owned elements of the HOA, but that is still in question and being further investigated.

What makes it seem strange and illogical is that all of these "priviledges" appear to a common person as being part of what one would buy into if purchasing in WaterColor. When it comes to any development, there could always be twists, so be sure to ask the right questions, and get the answers in writing.

By the way, WaterColor hasn't had it's own sales team for a while. They are no longer building in WaterColor either. I'm pretty sure that horse left the gate already.

Regarding your idea of putting the house in an LLC and renting it to your kids, you could certainly do that, but it would also be rented to others if it is on the WC rental program. YOU do not get to pick and choose the renters.

Again, it sounds like these "priviledges" are not funded by the HOA, even though it sounds like at least a few owners would like them to be so that they can utilize them. I bet if enough homeowners were to get together, they could work out a change of the status quo.

One last thought. Please do your own due diligence regarding the WC Rental Program and WC ownership/HOA coverages/benefits.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
I'm not sure that the HOA covers the expense of these "priviledges." My understanding is that these "privileges" are paid for by Noble House/WC Rental Programs. The only question is regarding the boat house/dock, kayaks, canoes, which appear to be part of the commonly owned elements of the HOA, but that is still in question and being further investigated.

What makes it seem strange and illogical is that all of these "priviledges" appear to a common person as being part of what one would buy into if purchasing in WaterColor. When it comes to any development, there could always be twists, so be sure to ask the right questions, and get the answers in writing.

By the way, WaterColor hasn't had it's own sales team for a while. They are no longer building in WaterColor either. I'm pretty sure that horse left the gate already.

Regarding your idea of putting the house in an LLC and renting it to your kids, you could certainly do that, but it would also be rented to others if it is on the WC rental program. YOU do not get to pick and choose the renters.

Again, it sounds like these "priviledges" are not funded by the HOA, even though it sounds like at least a few owners would like them to be so that they can utilize them. I bet if enough homeowners were to get together, they could work out a change of the status quo.

One last thought. Please do your own due diligence regarding the WC Rental Program and WC ownership/HOA coverages/benefits.

Thank you Smiling Joe for all the timely information. I have emboldened (above) the two points in your last post that I feel are the best pieces of advice that I have seen on this entire thread, thus far. For clarity sake, one's own due dilligence in this regard, with this issue, is paramount.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Ahem.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

[SIZE=-1](a) If any recreational facilities or other facilities offered by the developer and available to, or to be used by, unit owners are to be leased or have club membership associated, the following statement in conspicuous type shall be included: THERE IS A RECREATIONAL FACILITIES LEASE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONDOMINIUM; or, THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONDOMINIUM. There shall be a reference to the location in the disclosure materials where the recreation lease or club membership is described in detail.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](b) If it is mandatory that unit owners pay a fee, rent, dues, or other charges under a recreational facilities lease or club membership for the use of facilities, there shall be in conspicuous type the applicable statement: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1. MEMBERSHIP IN THE RECREATIONAL FACILITIES CLUB IS MANDATORY FOR UNIT OWNERS; or [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2. UNIT OWNERS ARE REQUIRED, AS A CONDITION OF OWNERSHIP, TO BE LESSEES UNDER THE RECREATIONAL FACILITIES LEASE; or [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]3. UNIT OWNERS ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THEIR SHARE OF THE COSTS AND EXPENSES OF MAINTENANCE, MANAGEMENT, UPKEEP, REPLACEMENT, RENT, AND FEES UNDER THE RECREATIONAL FACILITIES LEASE (OR THE OTHER INSTRUMENTS PROVIDING THE FACILITIES); or [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4. A similar statement of the nature of the organization or the manner in which the use rights are created, and that unit owners are required to pay.

Immediately following the applicable statement, the location in the disclosure materials where the development is described in detail shall be stated. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](c) If the developer, or any other person other than the unit owners and other persons having use rights in the facilities, reserves, or is entitled to receive, any rent, fee, or other payment for the use of the facilities, then there shall be the following statement in conspicuous type: THE UNIT OWNERS OR THE ASSOCIATION(S) MUST PAY RENT OR LAND USE FEES FOR RECREATIONAL OR OTHER COMMONLY USED FACILITIES. Immediately following this statement, the location in the disclosure materials where the rent or land use fees are described in detail shall be stated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](11) The arrangements for management of the association and maintenance and operation of the condominium property and of other property that will serve the unit owners of the condominium property, and a description of the management contract and all other contracts for these purposes having a term in excess of 1 year, including the following: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](a) The names of contracting parties. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](b) The term of the contract. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](c) The nature of the services included. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](d) The compensation, stated on a monthly and annual basis, and provisions for increases in the compensation. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](e) A reference to the volumes and pages of the condominium documents and of the exhibits containing copies of such contracts.

Copies of all described contracts shall be attached as exhibits. If there is a contract for the management of the condominium property, then a statement in conspicuous type in substantially the following form shall appear, identifying the proposed or existing contract manager: THERE IS (IS TO BE) A CONTRACT FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CONDOMINIUM PROPERTY WITH (NAME OF THE CONTRACT MANAGER). Immediately following this statement, the location in the disclosure materials of the contract for management of the condominium property shall be stated. [/SIZE]

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

[SIZE=-1](b) Whether unit owners in any other condominium, or any other persons, will or may have the right to use recreational areas or any other facilities or amenities that are common elements of the condominium, and, if so, the specific formula by which the other users will share the common expenses related to those facilities or amenities. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](c) Recreational and other commonly used facilities or amenities which the developer has committed to provide that will be owned, leased by, or dedicated by a recorded plat to the association but which are not included within any condominium operated by the association. The developer may reserve the right to add additional facilities or amenities if the declaration and prospectus for each condominium to be operated by the association contains the following statement in conspicuous type and in substantially the following form: RECREATIONAL FACILITIES MAY BE EXPANDED OR ADDED WITHOUT CONSENT OF UNIT OWNERS OR THE ASSOCIATION. [/SIZE]

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2009->Ch0718->Section 107 : Online Sunshine

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2009->Ch0718->Section 108 : Online Sunshine

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I'm pretty sure that chapter 718 of Florida Statutes applies only to Condominiums. At least it is titled that way.
[SIZE=-1]CHAPTER 718 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]CONDOMINIUMS [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART I [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]GENERAL PROVISIONS (ss. 718.101-718.127) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART II [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF DEVELOPERS (ss. 718.202, 718.203) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART III [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ASSOCIATION (ss. 718.301-718.303) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART IV [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SPECIAL TYPES OF CONDOMINIUMS (ss. 718.401-718.405) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART V [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]REGULATION AND DISCLOSURE PRIOR TO SALE OF RESIDENTIAL