• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm pretty sure that chapter 718 of Florida Statutes applies only to Condominiums. At least it is titled that way.
[SIZE=-1]CHAPTER 718 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]CONDOMINIUMS [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART I [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]GENERAL PROVISIONS (ss. 718.101-718.127) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART II [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF DEVELOPERS (ss. 718.202, 718.203) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART III [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ASSOCIATION (ss. 718.301-718.303) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART IV [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SPECIAL TYPES OF CONDOMINIUMS (ss. 718.401-718.405) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PART V [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]REGULATION AND DISCLOSURE PRIOR TO SALE OF RESIDENTIAL
CONDOMINIUMS (ss. 718.501-718.509)
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]PART VI [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]CONVERSIONS TO CONDOMINIUM (ss. 718.604-718.622) [/SIZE]

That is correct, and when an HOA has multiple phases including condominiums the governing "master" HOA is governed by the condominium act. Call them townhouses, bungalows, or any other name, but by law they are condos.

GaDawg

Beach Comber
Jan 23, 2008
Athens,Ga
So, technically, they can't refuse a homeowner, or his/her guests, access to the beach club, but possibly down the road, dining privileges... or towel service, or beach service? I'm not understanding the motive.... market share? It's just looks like plain greed and monopoly to me. If I own the dock and pay for its maintenance, or a building the amenity is being provided in, I darn well better be able to use the service. And so should my guests. I don't like dirty business and that is what this seems. If this is accurate, how can I trust that what I buy into today, will be the same quality in 5 years? It just seems underhanded and now I'm not confident in the product. Did the homeowners get notice of this change? Is there possibly an amenity fee that can be paid (beyond the .5% to the "St. Joe Foundation" at closing mind you) to allow these services to be provided?

In my opinion,if it don't look good,smell good or taste good,you are better off leaving it alone. I don't own property in Watercolor,but I imagine that it's just another way for them to make money.Most likely,they are not concerned with their current homeowners.
I hope it works out for you.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Homeowners in WC have access to all amenities as do their guests. If they rent their property through WC then their rental guests have access also, but if they don't rent through WC then their guests are restricted on access to some amenities (kayaks for ex. ). WC has est. a 2 tier rental program for 2010 with much reduced charges to the homeowner and more in line with other rental management cos.. This is a business at the end of the day and WC can and should have a business model which emphasizes their benefits to increase their customer base.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Homeowners in WC have access to all amenities as do their guests. If they rent their property through WC then their rental guests have access also, but if they don't rent through WC then their guests are restricted on access to some amenities (kayaks for ex. ). WC has est. a 2 tier rental program for 2010 with much reduced charges to the homeowner and more in line with other rental management cos.. This is a business at the end of the day and WC can and should have a business model which emphasizes their benefits to increase their customer base.

This is the way I have always understood it. I was going to call and verify but it sounds like you may have done that. Not sure who melscuba has been talking to but it sounds like miscommunication somewhere.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
The way tsutcli describes it is the way I thought it always was, but that seems to be incorrect according to the information that WC Rental Program sent out, and it is not the way they communicated it to me on the phone. Maybe their communication is off.

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
The way tsutcli describes it is the way I thought it always was, but that seems to be incorrect according to the information that WC Rental Program sent out, and it is not the way they communicated it to me on the phone. Maybe their communication is off.

Unfortunately, this is a sign of things to come if you purchased within a St. Joe community. They will change the rules in the middle of the game to suit their needs, without a moment of pause to consider how the changes impact all of the individuals they have previously sold homes to over the years. They are making these changes in Watercolor in an attempt to force people to put their homes back into their rental program. It's as simple as that, but beware the future, especially when it becomes time for St. Joe to turn over the HOA to the residents, which is a process that is currently ongoing in Watersound Beach. Their approach is basically that they can do whatever it is they want to do, and could literally care less what they have been telling residents there over the years.

1ToshFan

Beach Lover
WCVR - Strategy for New Rental Program?

As far as I can tell (after reviewing their Elite & Advantage programs), WCVR is seeking to provide services to renters that they might not be able to enjoy if they were renting through another company. For example, they are offering:
- Discounts on some services (Camp Watercolor activities)
- Access to other ammenities (Watersound Beach Club)
- Discounts or Stays at the Watercolor Inn

For anyone who is interested, I have attached a full list of the services being offered to homeowners renting with WCVR. I apologize in advance for the lack of image resolution, but I had to reduce its size to meet the attachment guidelines.

For those who find value in obtaining these services, WCVR might be attrative for this reason. We have chosen to remove our home from their rental pool because we felt the relationship was disadvantagous.

Beach Bound

Beach Comber
Apr 15, 2009

Thank you! I have been waiting for someone to respond who knows the real deal. After all, the HOA owns the Beach Club, the Camp and the Tennis center. We were at the Homeowners meeting in October and there is no way they can deny access to these amenities for homeowners or their guests.

Beach Bound

Beach Comber
Apr 15, 2009
As far as I can tell (after reviewing their Elite & Advantage programs), WCVR is seeking to provide services to renters that they might not be able to enjoy if they were renting through another company. For example, they are offering:
- Discounts on some services (Camp Watercolor activities)
- Access to other ammenities (Watersound Beach Club)
- Discounts or Stays at the Watercolor Inn

For anyone who is interested, I have attached a full list of the services being offered to homeowners renting with WCVR. I apologize in advance for the lack of image resolution, but I had to reduce its size to meet the attachment guidelines.

For those who find value in obtaining these services, WCVR might be attrative for this reason. We have chosen to remove our home from their rental pool because we felt the relationship was disadvantagous.
Thank you! I agree completely.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007
Thank you! I have been waiting for someone to respond who knows the real deal. After all, the HOA owns the Beach Club, the Camp and the Tennis center. We were at the Homeowners meeting in October and there is no way they can deny access to these amenities for homeowners or their guests.

Yes, may I second that--THANK YOU!!!:clap: