Misc New 30a Home Construction Cost

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by mydogbabe, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Stephen G Devine

Stephen G Devine Beach Crab

Tell me more. I am considering builders to build my house.

2. seabythegrove

seabythegrove Beach Fanatic

Affinity Building Systems

3. SpringStreetBuilders

SpringStreetBuilders Beach Comber

Costs to construct a home on 30a are typical of any other coastal Florida market.

Calculate the cost of all materials to build a building and you have the cost. The difference in SoWal is what the human element believes they deserve.

Ask any experienced builder to calculate the cost of all the materials on your job first excluding all labor. If they can't give you the cost of all the materials combined then move on to someone else who can.

The cost of "materials only" to build a house in Rosemary Beach is somewhere near $75 per square foot. WaterSound Beach $73, Watercolor $71, Alys Beach $70. Then calculate the labor for every trade. A yard of 3,000 PSI, regular rock, no fiber concrete is currently +- $94. A 3,000 sq ft Alys Beach 100% concrete home will use approximately 320 yards of concrete

4. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Very interesting...can you give me more info on homes you have built and which are you own as approved builders for their customers. Thanks.

5. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Sorry which banks approved builders list are you own.

6. SpringStreetBuilders

I'm having a hard time understanding your question.

7. SpringStreetBuilders

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  8. coondog

coondog Beach Lover

Be very careful in your builder selection. Due full due diligence on their history, including previous Company names they have built under, and investigate if they (or their predecessor Companies and/or principals) have been removed from approved builder lists in any communities in the area.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Lou Deman

Lou Deman Beach Comber

We agree with coondog 100%. Check references, supply houses, subcontractors, ect. Get multiple bids. Sometimes cheap is awful expensive.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. SpringStreetBuilders

Don't let people distract you. Ask for a list of all the materials, and their cost. You can compare Apples to Apples clearly this way. Number 2 Southern Yellow Pine can't be confused. 3,000 PSI regular rock concrete can't be confused.

11. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

My bank has a full list of their approved builders. If someone isn't on their list they conduct full check before I get their approval..they are looking out for their money as well as my best interest..actually whole process is kind of intimidating..going slow!!!!

12. SpringStreetBuilders

I'm assuming your bank has a fiduciary duty to you. That's how it should work. They also probably have no fiduciary duty to the Builder.

13. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Company email ?

14. Lou Deman

Lou Deman Beach Comber

Steel1man
    Put the leg work in yourself. Getting approved on a bank list is easy. Remember you will have to deal with the builder throughout the whole project and beyond.

15. coondog

coondog Beach Lover

Good point on the "and beyond", as not matter how well a home is built, there will always be warranty or other issues down the road. You want a high quality, responsive builder that you communicate well with across the board. Unfortunately, like in all professions, you have some bad eggs.

16. SpringStreetBuilders

Tell me about it. We have completely gutted water damaged homes built by the highest cost builders on 30a over my 21 years building here.

17. SpringStreetBuilders

18. elgordoboy

elgordoboy Beach Fanatic

What does a human element deserve when they have a 40 year old cherry picker truck and are using it to shave off the weirdest and lumpiest material I’ve ever seen any oddball try to stucco over? Plus who wants to take that long.
    - your numbers reflect what? Are you suggesting that homeowners in those neighborhoods sit and stare at unfinished walls and raw block? I’ve seen $350 a foot wall paper used in Watercolor. A bucket at Home Depot costs $5, fill it with crap for free, fill it with gold it’s $50k. Meaningless statements made and trying to sucker the uninformed and greedy.

19. SpringStreetBuilders

No reason to attack me. My building is not typical and I don't have to go any faster. You clearly don't know what I'm doing over there, but I know exactly.

20. Evansc

Evansc Beach Comber

Are you referring to that awful house over near Balance Health Studio that has been under construction for years? Is that who Spring Street Builders is? No wonder there was no information available anywhere, which seemed odd for someone that claimed to be building here for 20+ years. He must have set up a new front to operate under after his previous bankruptcies and being banned from building at many of the major developments along 30-a. Feel so bad for the people that own that place. They got suckered.