• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
I'm not an agent or a RE attorney, but it seems to me that without the BFOs' initial actions of quiet title and thus claiming the sand behind their home as theirs, there would have not been the subsequent action to use money and political connections to get 631 passed.

What if the judge(s) rule that the quiet title action should have never been granted in the first place? The BFOs argument of "private property" only came up post-quiet title, correct?

Last edited:

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
I'm not an agent or a RE attorney, but it seems to me that without the BFOs' initial actions of quiet title and thus claiming the sand behind their home as theirs, there would have not been the subsequent action to use money and political connections to get 631 passed.

What if the judge(s) rule that the quiet title action should have never been granted in the first place? The BFOs argument of "private property" only came up post-quiet title, correct?

Stop with the talking points. There's been a handful of quiet title actions. There are 1,000 of BFO's. Are you really suggesting SEASIDE got their beach property through quiet title? WATERSOUND? WATERCOLOR? ROSEMARY BEACH?

This is getting beyond ridiculous.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
I was told about it by a member of the South Walton Community Council and by a surveyor I employed once. I don’t feel right about disclosing their names on this site. You should be able to talk to someone in the Planning Department. They are the ones that implement it.

I suspect this is what the DEP refers to as the Line of Continuous Construction, but I have also heard referred to as the CCL (by Walton County folks) as opposed to the CCCL. Plenty of confusion on acronyms to go around!

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Beyond ridiculous is right. The idea that a handful of people and lawyers can keep us off our beaches is ridiculous.

IMO we should all ignore them and use the beaches as we always have. Ignore them.

If you are a beachfront owner and there are problem people preventing you from quiet enjoyment near your property, call the law like the rest of us do when necessary. End of story.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I suspect this is what the DEP refers to as the Line of Continuous Construction, but I have also heard referred to as the CCL (by Walton County folks) as opposed to the CCCL. Plenty of confusion on acronyms to go around!

So...if CCL and/or CCCL are incorrect, what do YOU call the line that you cannot - or are not supposed to - build seaward of? Don't tell me you don't think there is one, because there most certainly is.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'll add one more confusion to the mix. There was line called the CSBL (Coastal Set-Back Line) that was different than the CCCL. Even with a variance to extend construction seaward of the CCCL, you absolutely could not build seaward of the CSBL. Attached is a map composed by a FDEP official, Roland Gomez, with that line delineated.

Attachments

• 2009 FDEP aerial with CSBL line drawn in.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 82

Shannon Lince

Beach Lover
Sep 9, 2018
Florida
Beyond ridiculous is right. The idea that a handful of people and lawyers can keep us off our beaches is ridiculous.

IMO we should all ignore them and use the beaches as we always have. Ignore them.

If you are a beachfront owner and there are problem people preventing you from quiet enjoyment near your property, call the law like the rest of us do when necessary. End of story.

Please do go to Seaside's residence only beach that most here, including you know about. Most "long timers" here on sowal dot com have been whining and complaining about private vs. public beaches for a decade. Ten years!

All of you, just use Seaside's private beach --- in fact knock on founder Robert Davis' door and tell him he's an a*hole for having a private residences only beach and you and everyone in Walton county is going to ignore him and use it anyways. Tell him how pissed you are that he allowed the public to use a portion of his private beach - but kept the rest of it private just for his owners.

Then go to Watersound's beach club and use their beach - tell them resident Rauschkolb said it was okay. Go to Watercolor and tell them you are friends with resident Daniel Uhlfelder and he thinks all beach property is public and that's good enough for you, and so you are going to use their private beach too. Go to Rosemary Beach and use that resident's only beach and tell the owners you are ignoring them.

Stop picking on the little guys protecting their property rights - at least have some courage to go against the big names who all of you have made "off limits" because your customary use leaders live there.