• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PTWizard

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2005
Columbus, OH
FFF, My family and I have been investing in South Walton real estate for over 30 years with great success. I tend to agree with your assesment of the South Walton real estate market but I suggest you just ignore Shelly. Shelly's only pupose is to promote the negatives regarding the real estate market anywhere, anytime, anyplace. I suggest you follow the motto I adopted a few months ago..."Life's a bowl of jelly when you just ignore Shelly." Doesn't really make much sense but neither does she... and it makes me laugh.

PTWizard

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2005
Columbus, OH
By the way, you can actually block her posts, like I and I suspect many others have done but using the User CP and adding her to your ignore list.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
You just can't help it, can you Shelly? :whack: I think its just inexperience and class envy...Red

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Shelly has said that he/she is a native of the Panhandle and misses the "good old days" pre-development. He/she may be negative toward development in general, but I think his main motive is to antagonize posters. He's like a pesty little brother Yyou love him, but some times he drives you crazy). If you've been on Sowal more than a year, you wouldn't underestimate Shelly's success, intelligence, or humor. This is all just a little funn for Shelly.

Last edited:

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
FFF, My family and I have been investing in South Walton real estate for over 30 years with great success. I tend to agree with your assesment of the South Walton real estate market but I suggest you just ignore Shelly. Shelly's only pupose is to promote the negatives regarding the real estate market anywhere, anytime, anyplace. I suggest you follow the motto I adopted a few months ago..."Life's a bowl of jelly when you just ignore Shelly." Doesn't really make much sense but neither does she... and it makes me laugh.

SHELLY?s early predictions of the coming real estate bubble burst were more accurate than most anyother poster.

SHELLY not only gives well researched information but writes in a flamboyant and witty style that makes sowal fun to read.

Anyone buying or selling anything, particularly real estate, would be wise to pay close attention to SHELLY?s posts.

Although I enjoy her posts I do not necessarily always agree with them.

It will be interesting if she can predict the future RE market and economy as well as she has the last few years.
_

joehomes4me

Beach Comber
Mar 22, 2006
Shelly normally has facts, coupled with analysis. You may choose to agree or disagree with his analysis, however in either case his comments are insightful, and I rather enjoy reading them. Would someone care to chart Shelly's trend analysis with the Realtors or flippers!

Even the realtors with the MLS market data WILL NOT post the data any longer. Why? hmmmm One can ONLY speculate as to their reasons. WINK WINK. :)

Searcher

Beach Comber
Mar 30, 2006
"A prophet is not without honor except in his(or her) own country and in his(or her) own house."

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
SHELLY’s early predictions of the coming real estate bubble burst were more accurate than most anyother poster.

SHELLY not only gives well researched information but writes in a flamboyant and witty style that makes sowal fun to read.

Anyone buying or selling anything, particularly real estate, would be wise to pay close attention to SHELLY’s posts.

Although I enjoy her posts I do not necessarily always agree with them.

It will be interesting if she can predict the future RE market and economy as well as she has the last few years.
_

Shelly and a few other posters saw the current real estate slaughter coming in mid-2005. Well before any other posters were seeing the signs or willing to admit they saw the ominous signs of a massive downturn in the market. Since those early posts by Shelly and a couple of others that got scorched by the rest of the community, the market has in fact dropped in some places by over 50% from the high water mark. This is particularly true on lots and condos in some of the big developments like Rosemary, The Preserve, Cypress Dunes, Watercolor and Watersound.

Say what you will about Shelly and these early predicters of the significant downturn in the market, but they called it right. The market shows no signs of coming back anytime soon and the only "facts" that the bulls post to support future growth tend to be comments regarding the beauty of the area, "they aren't making any more beaches", and other generic info. The real facts related to inventory, interest rate changes, the number of people ready, willing and ABLE to buy in this market, etc.continue to point toward softness in the market.

Last edited: