• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ-Are you saying you do not know who the developer is? How could the post make no since. I am just seeing how much you really know about the things you type about. If you got the LyingFish Trailer Park than you should certainly understand Hot2Sell and the Beethoven thing... Come on

SJ-Oh you probably want me to explain the investor thing. Let's just say that Hot2Sell and Beethoven are sleeping together. And Hot2Sell has some money in the deal too.

SJ-You explained my earlier post to Buster so well that I thought surely you would understand.
It is not that I cannot decipher your code speak. The part which doesn't make sense is that it doesn't give any evidence of lying of which you are accusing, nor does it have anything to do with this discuss of their quest for beach access.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
In one sense I agree with you, the final product has not been completed. If purchasing a unit with promised amenities (i.e. beach access, gazebo, picnic tables, bathrooms, whatever else they indicated...) and now the developer is advertising they do not have these things, much less the access, then that is a problem. edroe appears to be referring to this http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2005/07/18/focus1.html?from_rss=1

I have a copy of the original sales brochures for any buyer that lost theirs. ;-) If they are now promoting it without all of the amenities originally listed, the original buyers should be able to escape the contract penalty free -- see a lawyer. Obviously, now the private access is in question, so they are smart to remove it from their list of ammenities. That is acting in good faith that now they sense that the private access may not be granted. I see nothing wrong with that as long as they don't try to backstep and say that they never pitched those ammenities to the original purchasers.

Private access or not (I am against it in this particular neighborhood of many single family residences), we are being distracted by the real problem of lack of public parking for these beach goers to access the beach.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
It is not that I cannot decipher your code speak. The part which doesn't make sense is that it doesn't give any evidence of lying of which you are accusing, nor does it have anything to do with this discuss of their quest for beach access.

SJ-It has everything to do with this discussion.

I just want the community to make sure they get it in writing that whatever LyingFish Trailer Park says they are going to do they do it. Because once the developer cashes in you will never see them again and the next community will use ours as an example.

Now back to the meeting that happened yesterday? Does anyone have anything yet? I know the stenographer got it on paper and that it has to be approved. How long does that take?

Last edited:

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
I wasn't at the meeting but heard there was nothing new. If the developer meets the advertising deadline, they can get on the next agenda for the planning commission meeting Jan. 11.

Apparently the planning staff will tell the commission that there is nothing technical preventing their approval. It sounds like this will come down to a subjective decision about compatibility by the commissioners. If the public raises enough cane and the commission worries that this is a bad idea and could set a precedent they might deny it.

Most likely though they will just pass it on to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) and let them deal with it. The BCC is notorious for rolling over to the party more likely to sue.

This issue is really absurd when you think about it. Scenic 30A beaches will become walled and guarded with rent a cops all over the place protecting turf and telling people to get off the private beaches. Tow trucks will be everywhere because thousands of cars from large developments and subdivisions will be trying to park near their private accesses.

Today, 80 units at Redfish, tomorrow, 2,400 homes in <name goes here> subdivision. And what's to prevent existing developments, whether it be 6 homes, 45 condos, 22 townhomes, or 234 apartments from buying gulf front property and doing the same thing?

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
I wasn't at the meeting but heard there was nothing new. If the developer meets the advertising deadline, they can get on the next agenda for the planning commission meeting Jan. 11.

Apparently the planning staff will tell the commission that there is nothing technical preventing their approval. It sounds like this will come down to a subjective decision about compatibility by the commissioners. If the public raises enough cane and the commission worries that this is a bad idea and could set a precedent they might deny it.

Most likely though they will just pass it on to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) and let them deal with it. The BCC is notorious for rolling over to the party more likely to sue.

This issue is really absurd when you think about it. Scenic 30A beaches will become walled and guarded with rent a cops all over the place protecting turf and telling people to get off the private beaches. Tow trucks will be everywhere because thousands of cars from large developments and subdivisions will be trying to park near their private accesses.

Today, 80 units at Redfish, tomorrow, 2,400 homes in <name goes here> subdivision. And what's to prevent existing developments, whether it be 6 homes, 45 condos, 22 townhomes, or 234 apartments from buying gulf front property and doing the same thing?

Thanks Buster, I will be looking for the minutes to this meeting. Once they are all typed up I will post them for all to read.

So, the first property they originally purchased for PrivateBA is no longer in the picture right? How long do you think it will take them to get the second lot approved?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ-It has everything to do with this discussion.

I just want the community to make sure they get it in writing that whatever LyingFish Trailer Park says they are going to do they do it. Because once the developer cashes in you will never see them again and the next community will use ours as an example.

Now back to the meeting that happened yesterday? Does anyone have anything yet? I know the stenographer got it on paper and that it has to be approved. How long does that take?
To the best of my knowledge, the minutes will not be approved until the next Board Meeting, which should be around Jan 9, just guessing without looking at a calendar. Then, the County typically takes a few days to make them available online or for walk-in customers requesting them.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Most likely though they will just pass it on to the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) and let them deal with it. The BCC is notorious for rolling over to the party more likely to sue....

I agree, the only thing which will likely stop this is the decision of compatibility, which is required for NPA Infill zoned property.

I think you are also accurate that the Planning Committee rarely rejects anything, because they don't want to be the bad guy. Therefore, they send it on to the BCC (Board of County Commissioners) with their recommendation to approve. The BCC looks at it and with the notes from the Planning Comm recommending to approve. Sometimes a few questions are asked, but usually, they pass without an eyebrow being raised from anyone on the BCC. Comm. Meadow, having a background in town planning, will sometimes raise a question or two, but she is about the only one. The County continues to wear blinders when looking at the lack of infrastructure in WalCo. They keep allowing more growth, but the existing services and infrastructure cannot handle the load.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
In one sense I agree with you, the final product has not been completed. If purchasing a unit with promised amenities (i.e. beach access, gazebo, picnic tables, bathrooms, whatever else they indicated...) and now the developer is advertising they do not have these things, much less the access, then that is a problem. edroe appears to be referring to this http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories/2005/07/18/focus1.html?from_rss=1

"(Developers) are fat and happy on the condo development right now," he says. :cool:

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
January 11th meeting..

To the best of my knowledge, the minutes will not be approved until the next Board Meeting, which should be around Jan 9, just guessing without looking at a calendar. Then, the County typically takes a few days to make them available online or for walk-in customers requesting them.

The meeting was passed on to the County was suppose to be heard Feb. 8th possibly Feb. 22 but somehow the LyingFish Trailer Park got that moved up to January 11th. As you guys have said on these boards numerous times "They are going to fast Track this one". I believe you guys now. So you might want to check your calendars call your local folks and get them down here January 11th. You should notice signage that will appear overnight while everyone is asleep. They will probably put it near a Tree or plant bushes around it so you the public can not see it.

So Slider did get this one pushed up. Not sure about him or not. Maybe someone needs to look at his PublicBA and potentially sell it to some developer. Maybe he can get the County to change the way the land adjacent to him was deeded. SHHHHHH.. HMMMMM. You guys said that the layers could change anything...

Last edited:

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
"(Developers) are fat and happy on the condo development right now," he says. :cool:

The Mephicans at Hard2Sell down in Lyfish Trailer park have not made a dime yet. The Apple Group is having meetings right now to see how to wiggle out of this one. Wonder what the secret password is to get in the door? Does anyone know? I have a few folks that want to send the stenographer so they can write down more propaganda. They probably have a New Years retreat planned for all the Politically Leveraged folks in Walton County. Maybe they will be fishing from the new PrivateBA that Slider is trying to get pushed through. Hey I bet Walton County got a nice XMas gift from the Apple Group (NOG Buster) this year.

Shelly-Like your state flower. Looks like it is time for a feast in your town..

Last edited: