• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I'm amused by the use of the word yuppie since it derives from 'young, urban' and a lot of the posters here want nothing to do with urban areas and have fled to small town life in SoWal because of it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
What? you don't think I fit the Yuppie bill, beachmouse?:dunno: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Summer, welcome. Posting sales numbers has nothing to do with gossip. Many of us are directly tied to real estate, and this sale goes against the grain.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I'm amused by the use of the word yuppie since it derives from 'young, urban' and a lot of the posters here want nothing to do with urban areas and have fled to small town life in SoWal because of it.

...and some of us are not so young--oh, maybe young at heart:D

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
It seems like I very rarely meet anyone in these parts I'd describe as old at heart.

As for the house, South Walton is effectively a sprawling small town, and in these kinds of places gentle gossip is a participant sport. If you want to see the professional level speculation, check out the Hilton home thread. :)

Last edited:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach

I think because the thread talked a lot about money and Rosemary Beach, being an upper scale living community, I'm sure Summer got the impression that it was a "Yuppie" group on here. I think she would be surprised at the diversity of members, but what really bothered and surprised her was that anyone would be so interested in another's life to bring it up and discuss it, as if it had any real meaning to us. People who are'nt used to the back and forth "info" that's exchanged on a Forum do not take this lightly.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I remember when the original home was purchased by Finley. It wasn't going to be torn down. All the windows were going to be replaced. It was when they started remodeling the place (i.e. opening up the walls) that all the mold was discovered.
The original windows didn't fit in well with the style of Rosemary Beach and was a driver of why they were to be replaced. LRK is the AIA on the project.

By starting over, the home will no doubt fit in much better to the whole community and the Finley family will know what they have for a home versus wondering if the place will last. A good, long term decision when you can afford it.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
what really bothered and surprised her was that anyone would be so interested in another's life to bring it up and discuss it, as if it had any real meaning to us. People who are'nt used to the back and forth "info" that's exchanged on a Forum do not take this lightly.

Funny. We talk about what each other is eating, so not surprisingly, we talk about people spending big money on a tear down house.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Funny. We talk about what each other is eating, so not surprisingly, we talk about people spending big money on a tear down house.

Yep....and that's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.