• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I decided to go back and see what the fuss was about. There were a couple of tangents (One being about the possibility of selling acrons in a down economy) and the ones I have quoted above about the person being married/having a girlfriend. It was Lightworker that first brought up the subject of the homeowner's dating/marital status. I personally think it was done "all in fun" and none of these posters afterward were being ugly gossipers.

Kat...I don't think we ever "had" Summer. I forgot to look at her join date, but bet it was recent. My quess is she either googled or visited sowal.com and saw this thread and decided to set the record straight. I (and others, you included) welcomed her and applauded her for doing so.

Wow...that was a strange PM you received! Sorry that happened to you. Sounds like someone putting their nose where it doesn't belong. Did you answer it? ;-)

Edit: Summer joined in March 2009. Kat...I keep thinking you are Toots!!!!

Yeah, you're probably right about Summer....sorry though as she pm'd me and was so nice. I can still understand her reaction. I think had it been a different situation she might would have enjoyed the board.

And, yes I did answer that nasty person who had only 6-7 posts and all to me.:dunno: I didn't think he would ever leave me alone. People think the cafe runs itself or if you are not seen you are not working. Our office is in our home....but who cares I had my say!!!! If he had pm'd me again I was ready to contact Kurt about him.

I know I had Tootsie's picture from the cafe on my avitar for a day. I thought she looked really beautiful in that picture!

Yes, a home left exposed to the elements and unfinished for an extended period of time can VERY easily become mold infested and that mold can continue to be an issue even after the house has been "dried in" and the AC or a dehumidifier starts to run 24/7. There is still a great deal of moisture present in that scenario and mold is very difficult to get rid of. That's what this thread is about - a multi-million dollar home that the owner tore down because of mold.

Mold is a potential issue even in well constructed homes because of the humid climate - let alone in the infinished P.O.S. that have become well known eyesores.

Wrong again. Complete your thesis by answering a simple question line:

Why don't the outside of all the wood sided homes in Rosemary Beach become infested with mold? Why don't all the shuttered sleeping porches in Rosemary Beach have the same dangerous and catastrophic mold issues you spout off about? Should every indoor/outdoor habitable space in Rosemary Beach be torn down to the ground every 5 years?

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach

Why don't the outside of all the wood sided homes in Rosemary Beach become infested with mold? Why don't all the shuttered sleeping porches in Rosemary Beach have the same dangerous and catastrophic mold issues you spout off about? Should every indoor/outdoor habitable space in Rosemary Beach be torn down to the ground every 5 years?

:popcorn: I think a "Please" might help at the end of that question!

:popcorn: I think a "Please" might help at the end of that question!

Please would have worked last year between Scooterbug44 and I, but not now. You can write a lot when you choose to keep your identity priveleged. Scooterbug has a big mouth and has been offensive towards me since I joined SoWal.com

In the instant case she made another lasting disparagement about someone's private property that is routinely and successfully remediated every day in Florida. It's not my property, but it's not hers either. The bagholder in Inlet Beach is innocent and needs help, not a kick when they are down by an anonymous big mouth.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Please would have worked last year between Scooterbug44 and I, but not now. You can write a lot when you choose to keep your identity priveleged. Scooterbug has a big mouth and has been offensive towards me since I joined SoWal.com

In the instant case she made another lasting disparagement about someone's private property that is routinely and successfully remediated every day in Florida. It's not my property, but it's not hers either. The bagholder in Inlet Beach is innocent and needs help, not a kick when they are down by an anonymous big mouth.

sorry:blush:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Yeah, you're probably right about Summer....sorry though as she pm'd me and was so nice. I can still understand her reaction. I think had it been a different situation she might would have enjoyed the board.

And, yes I did answer that nasty person who had only 6-7 posts and all to me.:dunno: I didn't think he would ever leave me alone. People think the cafe runs itself or if you are not seen you are not working. Our office is in our home....but who cares I had my say!!!! If he had pm'd me again I was ready to contact Kurt about him.

I know I had Tootsie's picture from the cafe on my avitar for a day. I thought she looked really beautiful in that picture!

I think part of my post went right over your head! ;-)

Always remember the moderators when you find some trouble. They are a great help!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

There is a big difference between a sleeping porch (or other outdoor space) that is meant to be exposed to the elements and has materials and finishes selected for that purpose and a partially finished structure where items that are NOT for outdoor use are subjected to months or years of water damage and weathering before being sealed up. That's why the porches at Rosemary aren't made of tattered Tyvek and plywood that is dark grey and delaminating. :roll:

jessifunn

superJfunn
Jul 7, 2005
Seagrove Beach

:scratch: thought we were not talking about pm's ----- private messages :wave:

There is a big difference between a sleeping porch (or other outdoor space) that is meant to be exposed to the elements and has materials and finishes selected for that purpose and a partially finished structure where items that are NOT for outdoor use are subjected to months or years of water damage and weathering before being sealed up. That's why the porches at Rosemary aren't made of tattered Tyvek and plywood that is dark grey and delaminating. :roll:

Get a dictionary and a month, study this and we can talk like peers. Until then your somebody with a medical background who likes to impress her opinions as fact about the long term moisture and moisture vapor effects on ________ sheathing. I won't tell you what kind and grade of sheathing is on those buildings you're disparaging.

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/pdf2007/fpl_2007_glass001.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.