• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Now we finally hear the truth, its all about the almighty dollar. If you dont pay you dont get representation. They will put something in a contract to address various problems, but the real question is will they represent you if you are not a paying member if there is a contract dispute. My guess is probably not.

And your willing to negotiate a labor contract for the department, do the paying memebers get more input and say so then the non paying members?

So if your not a paying memeber and there is a contract dispute you have to hire your own lawyer and take it to court. What makes that any different then the way it is currently? Other than the fact that for the new sheriff to give the deputies any thing over and above whats in the contract he would have to amend the previous contract and jump through all the PBA hoops to get it done. Sounds like going around your elbow to get to your thumb.

Dude where are you getting all that from. If you have prepaid legal, will your lawyer represent someone else? Membership has its privileges, as for a contract dispute, if it affects a dues paying member more than likely it will be addressed. LEO don't you think you'll have the opportunity to vote, or is all this misinformed, misguided BS that is being posted a fear that you won't get what you feel you are owed? Allow the vote, yes or no, you all know my feelings. Good Day!!!:D

leo101

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2008
My point is that everyone is blowing smoke up our shorts saying that the union is good for all. Thats a bunch of BS, its good for those that shell out the dues every month. Some of us have families and kids and an extra 30, 40, or 50 bucks a month may or not break the bank for some, but some may not have it to spare.

And you just varified my point, a union contract is only worth a dang if you pay for it. And i for one dont want to be bound by a contract if its only gonna help a select few.

WhoDat

Beach Comber
Sep 21, 2008
LEO1 has it right. And if SO many deputies want it? Where are they? There only seems to be a couple of folks posting that are prounion (mostly frickin' fire fighters) and the rest are deputy's against ti!

Wheres the support mr pba rep? Sounds like your gonna crash and burn in Walton. Go play some place else! Obviously the deputy's and the new Sheriff don want you. And if they did, dont you think we would have evidenec of that here? You said both candidates had the PBA, well it must not have been that good, or we would of heard from them on it. Better luck next couty!:D

First off sir or ma'am you need to get your facts straight. Law Enforcement and Firefighter Unions are different than a union for a store clerk. Secondly, If PBA, FOP, or Teamsters had been here and they were not members, the only then they would be entitled to would be have the protection of a contract, not legal representation. So, even if I felt they were done wrong, I could not represent them, because it would not be fair to the dues paying members. Now language can be placed in the contract to address such issues as this to keep it from happening again. Now, idlewind how would you know so much about this case to say it is the most important case to Labor in this area if you did not have some working knowledge of the case..... Makes one wonder if you are only here to cloud judgements....

idlewind, clean up on isle 9

Deputies, remember that individuals will attempt to make you as confused as possible in an effort to get you to vote no to collective bargaining. They will do this under the pretense, of allowing you to make an educated choice, take it for what it's worth. You do not know who these people are because they hide behind fictious names and post boldly and proud as if they know what they are talking about, when in reality the only truth they know is confusion.

Remember VOTE PBA

First of all, anyone who had read any of the local newspapers, listened to the local radio stations or watched the local TV would have "some working knowledge" of the case. Therefore they would know how important the case is for ALL workers, not just those at the Sheriff's Dept. Your lack of knowledge tells me you are nothing more than a carpetbagger, pure and simple.:shock:

Second, all the union cares about is the almighty dollar, those who don't join get no benefit but have to live by the terms, however stupid, of the contract the union and the Sheriff negotiate. If the Sheriff plays hardball and forces an impasse, those who do not join will be hostage to the union.:angry:

Third, every post I have read is first a broken record promotion of the union and second abusive of anyone who disagrees. You need to handle the cleanup on aisle 9 because someone with your attitude has no business carrying a gun.:angry:

eagle11rb

Beach Comber
Jul 18, 2008
I agree the PBA should know about cases like the 2 female deputies that were fired and other issues before coming into the area. Sounds like poor homework by the PBA. Besides who can afford dues that will go up every year; I can't even afford to fill my car with gas!

WhoDat

Beach Comber
Sep 21, 2008
Damn right, eagle! The last thing a deputy needs is another bill if they are SOOO underpaid.:D PBA is trying to bring unions to the area to undermine the New Sheriff and the County Commisioners. We don't need them throwing money behind candidates in this area. We have conservative beliefs.

I'm told our deputys' have the highest pay in the area. If their pay is too low or they are not getting promoted, they should get more education and get a better job or get promotd.:wave:

WhoDat1

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Damn right, eagle! The last thing a deputy needs is another bill if they are SOOO underpaid.:D PBA is trying to bring unions to the area to undermine the New Sheriff and the County Commisioners. We don't need them throwing money behind candidates in this area. We have conservative beliefs.

I'm told our deputys' have the highest pay in the area. If their pay is too low or they are not getting promoted, they should get more education and get a better job or get promotd.:wave:

What planet are you from? I'm a cop because I want to be one. Does that mean I get what I deserve with poor pay increases and no chance for advancement? :dunno: Some of us have no time for higher education between work and kids...not to mention the bills. :angry:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Beachy, if your a deputy reconsider, I heard, RUMOR only, there were 70 cards signed out of 13o Deputies, whether its true I don't know. If it is, the deputies it sounds as though they will have the majority. As for the highest payin the area, call around, I've talked to some deputies and it just sounds like you are repeating Idlewinds comments. Remember what an IDLEWIND id don't you, your talking from the same place. Have a good one. I have to go to my job for the next 24 hours,where I will provide a High Quality Level of Professional Service to my community if called upon to do so.
UNION YES

PBA Rep

Beach Comber
Oct 28, 2008
Now we finally hear the truth, its all about the almighty dollar. If you dont pay you dont get representation. They will put something in a contract to address various problems, but the real question is will they represent you if you are not a paying member if there is a contract dispute. My guess is probably not.

And your willing to negotiate a labor contract for the department, do the paying memebers get more input and say so then the non paying members?

So if your not a paying memeber and there is a contract dispute you have to hire your own lawyer and take it to court. What makes that any different then the way it is currently? Other than the fact that for the new sheriff to give the deputies any thing over and above whats in the contract he would have to amend the previous contract and jump through all the PBA hoops to get it done. Sounds like going around your elbow to get to your thumb.

Thank you for proving my point LEO101. it's pretty obvious that you are here in an attempt to keep the deputies from making a sound decision.
If you noticed individuals are here, hiding under the cloke of a fiticious names and saying anything in an effort to keep you from having what will protect you and your family.
It is true that we will not represent you unless you are a member. I know of no union that will....

Why haven't they come back with a response to this issue that BOTH Sheriff Candidates have enjoyed the benefits of having a PBA Contract, and neither candidate has given even one benefit back that they received. Even one candidate used the services of the PBA (Both were PBA Dues Paying Members). Instead individuals here would rather attempt to cloud your judgement. Why would they do this? What have these individuals been offered? Maybe they think that they can or have negotiated their own lucrative deal, (with their own interest at heart, not yours) I don't know, but it does leave one to wonder?

So, if it was so wrong to be part of a Union and to have a PBA Contract to protect you, why did theses two individuals go to work for the agencies that had collective bargaining? Maybe it was the benefits that the PBA had negotiated for the Officers of theses agencies that enticed them, maybe it was the pay that the PBA negotiated for the Officers of theses of agencies that enticed them? Maybe it was the working conditions that they PBA negotiated for the Officers of these agencies that enticed them? The Anti-Union individuals here are staying away from this......

Both Candidates had collective bargaining, why shouldn't you?

REMEMBER VOTE PBA

Last edited:

leo101

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2008
Thank you for proving my point LEO101. it's pretty obvious that you are here in an attempt to keep the deputies from making a sound decision.
If you noticed individuals are here, hiding under the cloke of a fiticious names and saying anything in an effort to keep you from having what will protect you and your family.
It is true that we will not represent you unless you are a member. I know of no union that will....

Why haven't they come back with a response to this issue that BOTH Sheriff Candidates have enjoyed the benefits of having a PBA Contract, and neither candidate has given even one benefit back that they received. Even one candidate used the services of the PBA (Both were PBA Dues Paying Members). Instead individuals here would rather attempt to cloud your judgement. Why would they do this? What have these individuals been offered? Maybe they think that they can or have negotiated their own lucrative deal, (with their own interest at heart, not yours) I don't know, but it does leave one to wonder?

So, if it was so wrong to be part of a Union and to have a PBA Contract to protect you, why did theses two individuals go to work for the agencies that had collective bargaining? Maybe it was the benefits that the PBA had negotiated for the Officers of theses agencies that enticed them, maybe it was the pay that the PBA negotiated for the Officers of theses of agencies that enticed them? Maybe it was the working conditions that they PBA negotiated for the Officers of these agencies that enticed them? The Anti-Union individuals here are staying away from this......

Both Candidates had collective bargaining, why shouldn't you?

REMEMBER VOTE PBA

Here to keep deputies from making a sound decision? I'm here so both sides of the story can be heard, and not just YOU with your pro union hand out wanting their money screaming for them to "VOTE PBA"..

And the reason everyone is on here under the cloke of a fiticious names (as you put it) is to keep from being ridiculed and called names by upper brass at the sheriff's office that are pushing for this union. Even you yourself hid under that same cloke to begin with, so how are we to know you are who you say you are now?

And as far as the candidates working under the PBA or why they took jobs at an agency covered by the PBA, who knows. Even more who cares, I am quite sure it had nothing to do with the PBA being there. And I am not even sure the PBA were involved in either of those two agency's at the time they started their career at those prospective departments.

As many have said before, this whole PBA thing stinks with Ralph's stamp of approval all over it. Why not wait and give the new man a chance.