• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
That was a horrble movie!
:lol:

They have some over at the college as well. We were out in the parking lot behind the arts center after rehearsal one night when one lumbered across the street in front of us. Well over 250 pounds and snorting like it was in very foul mood. It was Huge!!:yikes:

Wildlife people finally caught up with it a few days later.

Be careful. They are not prone to be afraid of people like some wildlife, at least in my experience.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Amen aleonard, be very careful around these. If they feel you are between or about to harm there young they will attack. Take a gun and aim between the eyes.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Wild pigs are no stranger to the area and make their home across most of the U.S.
Stan Kirkland of the Florida Wildlife Commission said that many of the pigs we see today are decedents of the ones brought to America by early explorers.
“These pigs came over during the 1500s with the explorers,” he said. “A lot of them were farmed in the Caribbean Islands.”

wow. I have always heard of the wild pigs around here, but just assumed they were descendants of area farm pigs.

wouldn't want to run into a pack of these. they must lay low during the day.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
picture_009Medium.jpg

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
I nor my family had anything to do with this.......:D

Last edited: