Alys Beach 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run Takes Off Sep 6
August 6, 2015 by SoWal Staff
The 4th Annual Alys Beach 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run returns to Alys Beach on Sunday, September 6, 2015 in South Walton, Florida. Located along Scenic 30A, the course winds through the resort town and ends with an oversized obstacle course for kids of all ages. A celebration of awards and more fun with music, food, and beverages will follow the race in the Alys Beach Amphitheatre.
The price to participate in the certified 5K is $35 and the 1 Mile Fun Run is $15 (kids 12 and younger only, please) online in advance until Sunday, August 30 at midnight. From Monday, August 31 until Friday, September 4, the price to participate in the 5K is $50 and the 1 Miler is $25. Any reamaining registrations will be sold on Saturday, September 5 from 10am-2pm at Fonville Press during Packet Pick-up. Register online now.
If you choose to donate you will be benefiting The Alys Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization established to support the long-term community values of Alys Beach. Funds may be used to finance community, environmental, cultural and educational programs at Alys Beach as well as to support nonprofit organizations in the greater Walton County community. Proceeds from the 2015 race will benefit Alaqua Animal Refuge.
Alys Beach 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run details:
- The 5K is limited to 400 participants and the 1 Mile Fun Run is limited to 150 participants.
- Tee shirts will be provided with each registration. However, shirt sizes cannot be guaranteed.
- No dogs or strollers are allowed in the race.
- On race day, please park along the slip roads that run parallel to 30A or as directed.
- Water will be provided.
- Packet pick up time is Saturday, September 5 at Fonville Press from 10am-2pm, or Sunday, September 6 at 6:00am at the Alys Beach Amphitheatre.
- Advance registration closes Friday, September 4.
- Any remaining race registrations will be sold on Saturday, September 5 from 10-2pm at Fonville Press for $50 for the 5K and $25 for the 1 Mile Fun Run.
- The Course runs through the Nature Trail, and is not entirely paved.
- Online registration at active.com.
Stick around for the awards presentation at 9:15am to listen to tunes by DJ Shane from Rock The House, enjoy an Idyll Hounds Pale Ale, cool off in the splash pad, and play in the giant bounce house. Additional beverages will be available at Piper’s.
Awards will be presented at the Alys Beach Amphitheatre at 9:15 am in the following categories: Overall Male and Female for 5K & 1 Miler Male and Female in 1 Miler: Ages 5 & under, 6-9, 10-12 Male and Female in 5K: Ages 19 & under, 20-35, 36-50, 50 & up
Event schedule Sunday, September 7, 7am – 5K begins
Sunday, September 7, 8:30am – 1 Miler begins
Please arrive no less than30 minutes early upon the day of the race.
Follow the Alys Beach 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run event page on Alys Beach Facebook page for updates.
One of the most beautiful new towns in the world, Alys Beach is located on Scenic Highway 30A in Florida's panhandle, along what The New York Times said "may be the best beach in the continental U.S."