• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Smiling JOe, was the pontoon boat still on the lake the last time you were there?
I don't believe the pontoon boat has left the dock. I was there on maybe Tuesday this week, and I noticed that the chrome-plated prop was getting rusty. Since there is not a lauch on Big Redfish, I am curious as to how they dumped the boat into the lake. :dunno: Note that the pontoon boat is for the other project, Sanctuary at Redfish.

Last edited:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
I don't believe the pontoon boat has left the dock. I was there on maybe Tuesday this week, and I noticed that the chrome-plated prop was getting rusty. Since there is not a lauch on Big Redfish, I am curious as to how they dumped the boat into the lake. :dunno: Note that the pontoon boat is for the other project, Sanctuary at Redfish.

thanks, just checking. i know who owns the boat.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
What meeting?
Re: Redfish Village Beach Access TRC Meeting Agenda
Technical Review Committee Meeting Agenda
Date and time: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, commencing at 8:30 a.m.
  • Meeting Opened
  • Minutes Read / Approved
  • Announcements
  • Items to be heard:
1) STARVIEW TERRACE PLAT - Project number 06 00300046 being a plat application submitted on October 16, 2006 by Alnilam Development Corp., Owner, and Darrell Barnhill, Agent, for property identification number 02-3S-20-34160-000-0160 consisting of 8 multi family units on 1.04 +/- acres with a future land use designation of NPA/Infill being reviewed by Melissa Ward. The site is located approximately 0.5 miles west of County Road 393 on County Road 30A, then go north on Satinwood approximately .25 miles. (Continued from November 15, 2006 Meeting).

2) KRUSE BOAT HOUSE Project number 06 01300040 being a less than minor application submitted on September 14, 2006 by Chandler Huff and Kruse Enterprises of NWFL, Inc. for property identification number 24-2S-21-42270-000-0200 consisting of one (1) 480 square foot building on .328 +/- acres with a future land use designation of NPA/Infill being reviewed by Melissa Ward. The site is located on Mack Bayou Road to Elrods Fish Camp and the site is south of the fish camp. (Item continued from October 18, 2006, November 1, 2006, November 15, 2006 and December 6, 2006 meetings).

3) THE COTTAGES AT LAKEVIEW PUD Project number 06 00100095 being a major development order submitted on August 16, 2006 by Jack Rhodes for property identification number 34-2S-20-33270-058-0005 consisting of a planned unit development for 136 single family units on 20 +/- acres with a land use designation of Neighborhood Preservation Area/Small Neighborhood being reviewed by Tim Brown. The site is located approximately 4 miles west of the intersection of Highways 331 and 98 on Thompson Road. Turn left off of Highway 98 going south on Thompson Road and the property is located approximately mile on the east side.

4) INLET BEACH BUNGALOWS - Project number 06-00100131 being a minor development order application submitted November 13, 2006 by Seaside Eng. - James Barton, as engineer for applicant, for property identification number 36-3S-18-16100-000-0300 consisting of 9 single-family units with a future land use designation of Village Mixed Use being reviewed by Tim Brown. This site is located approximately 1,000 feet west of CR30A and 200 feet east of West Shore Drive on the north side of U.S. Highway 98.

5) PHILIPS LANDING SUBDVISION - Project number 06-00100132 being a major development order application submitted November 22, 2006 by Quantum Engineering Group, Inc. as engineer for applicant, for property identification number 25-3S-18-16090-000-0210 & 0211 consisting of 4 single family lots on 1.08 acres with a future land use designation of NPA / Infill being reviewed by Mark Martin. This site is located north of U.S. Highway 98 on the northwest corner of Pine Wood and Orange Street.

6) REDFISH VILLAGE GATEWAY - Project number 06-00100133 being a major development order application submitted November 22, 2006 by Les Porterfield as engineer for applicant, for property identification number 12-3S-20-34000-001-0032 consisting of a restroom and pavilion on 0.63 acres with a future land use designation of NPA/Infill being reviewed by Jason Bryan. This site is located three lots west of CR 83 and Blue Mountain Road intersection, south of Blue Mountain Road.

7) LOTS 7 & 8 SOUTH WALTON COMMERCE PARK - Project number 06-00100134 being a minor development order application submitted November 22, 2006 by Terry Anderson, P.E. as engineer for applicant, for property identification number 05-3S-18-16010-000-0070 and 05-3S-18-16010-000-0080 consisting of 2 buildings totaling 33,756 for Office/Warehouse on 2.49 acres with a future land use designation of Business Park District being reviewed by Misty Ferrell. This site is located on the west side of Serenoa Road.

8) CHURCHILL OAKS Project number 06-001-00135 being a major development order application submitted November 29, 2006 by Wilson Miller Engineering for property identification number 21-2S-20-33000-005-0000 consisting of 102-lot single family subdivision with amenities on 41 acres with future land use designation of NPA / Infill and Conservation Residential 2:1 reviewed by Jason Bryan. This site is located north of Highway 98 down Mussett Bayou Road and east on Hodge Road approximately miles.

9) STARVIEW TERRACE LTM - Project number 06-013-00052 being a less-than-minor development order application submitted November 16, 2006 by Barnhill, Barnhill and Barnhill, Agent for the applicant, for property identification number 02-3S-20-34160-000-0160 consisting of amendment to existing approved plan to move the pool house with future land use designation of NPA / Infill reviewed by Jason Bryan. The site is located approximately 0.5 miles west of County Road 393 on County Road 30A, then go north on Satinwood approximately .25 miles.

10) VILLAGE OF BAYTOWNE WHARF AMENDMENT - Project number 06-013-00053 being a less-than-minor development order application submitted November 21, 2006 by Will Poon, P.E. of Connelly & Wicker, Inc. as engineer for applicant, for property identification number 26-2S-21-42000-001-0150 consisting of amendment to existing approved plan with future land use designation of Coastal Center being reviewed by Renee Bradley. The site is located within Sandestin.

11) SACRED OAKS LTM - Project number 06-013-00054 being a less-than-minor development order application submitted November 21, 2006 by Regional Engineering, Don Brock, Engineer for the applicant, for property identification number 24-2S-21-42000-035-000 consisting of amendment to existing approved plan to include swimming pools on site with future land use designation of NPA/Infill being reviewed by Melissa Ward. The site is located on Mack Bayou Road in the Sacred Oaks Subdivision.

12) REDFISH VILLAGE AMENDMENT TO D/O 402003 - Project number 06-013-00055 being a less-than-minor development order application submitted November 27, 2006 by Les Porterfield as Engineer for applicant, for property identification number 12-3S-20-34000-001-0081 consisting of amendment to existing approved plan to add a dock and move preservation on site with future land use designation of Village Mixed Use being reviewed by Jason Bryan. The site is located at the corner of CR 30A and CR83 (2064 West County Hwy 30A).

13) SOUTH WALTON FIRE DISTRICT ADDITION LTM - Project number 06-013-00056 being a less-than-minor development order application submitted November 27, 2006 by Barnhill, Barnhill and Barnhill as agent for the applicant, for property identification number 27-2s-20-33210-000-0021 consisting of a 4,000 square foot building on 9.54 acres with future land use designation of Conservation Residential 2:1 being reviewed by Jason Bryan. The site is located on the west side of CR393 approximately 1 mile north of Hwy 98 (911 N. Co. Hwy 393).
  • Meeting adjourned

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I will miss the meeting due to other scheduled events.

I do note one thing. In number 6 in the post above, the land area is listed at 0.63 ? acres, which would equate to a max density of only FIVE homes on this property. The developer's attorney likes throwing around the number as eight units per acre, without noting that they do not own an acre. I believe the Prop Appr's office list the property as consisting of more than 0.63 ? acres. I wonder if some of it washed away over the last year few years.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
I will miss the meeting due to other scheduled events.

I do note one thing. In number 6 in the post above, the land area is listed at 0.63 ? acres, which would equate to a max density of only FIVE homes on this property. The developer's attorney likes throwing around the number as eight units per acre, without noting that they do not own an acre. I believe the Prop Appr's office list the property as consisting of more than 0.63 ? acres. I wonder if some of it washed away over the last year few years.

Love to know how the meeting goes. Maybe you can ask some of your buddies near you how it went. I am sure it is going to get approved just wondering what impact it is going to really have on the community long term.

Bet the condo owners are upset about it not getting approved too. They have a lot to loose if this does not get approved soon. Suppose to close early next month without the PBA and now sounds like the Dock on Redfish Lake.

LyingFish trailer park is making promises probably to the community and local persuaders down there and will get it done.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
The Redfish Village beach access in on the Technical Review Committee Agenda for 12/20. It is advertised in the legal section of the DeFuniak Herald, which is the only notification required for this committee. The purpose of the TRC is for the applicants and planning staff to go over issues prior to being scheduled for the Planning Commission and the Board of County Commissioners. It is a public forum where private citizens can either attend or write in with their concerns. The logical progression would be for the project to go to the next Planning Commission, which will be held the 2nd Thursday in January and then the Board of County Commissioners the 4th Tuesday in January. Both of these meetings will have to be noticed by a sign on the property, mail-out notification to property owners within 300 feet, and twice in the legal section of the DeFuniak Herald. These dates would occur only if everything goes smoothly, as is the case for any project. You can find out the results of the PC and BCC meetings by calling our office the day after. Minutes for all meetings will be available after they have been approved.

edroedrog I am confused - I took this post above to mean we could call your office to get details but the post below indicates maybe you copied the notice above and it is referring to a county office?

Love to know how the meeting goes. Maybe you can ask some of your buddies near you how it went. I am sure it is going to get approved just wondering what impact it is going to really have on the community long term.

What makes you so sure?

Bet the condo owners are upset about it not getting approved too. They have a lot to loose if this does not get approved soon.
Do you mean the developers?

Suppose to close early next month without the PBA and now sounds like the Dock on Redfish Lake.

LyingFish trailer park is making promises probably to the community and local persuaders down there and will get it done.

What is PBA? What is supposed to close next month?

edroedrog, you seem to be heavily involved and I appreciate your info but can you be more clear about things? What do you mean about LyingFish trailer park???

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
edroedrog I am confused -...

What is PBA? What is supposed to close next month?

edroedrog, you seem to be heavily involved and I appreciate your info but can you be more clear about things? What do you mean about LyingFish trailer park???

I think PBA is his abbreviation for Private Beach Access, but that is a confusing abbrev, because it could also stand for Public Beach Access.

As for the "LyingFish trailer park," he is probably referring to the sales trailer for Redfish Village. I haven't been there and cannot speak to edroedrog's remarks. Maybe he experienced something bad. :dunno: I do know a few Realtors with H20 Properties who I believe to be the Broker handling the sales, and believe them to be good, honest people. Personally, I have a problem with the sales team getting bashed like they are for promoting a property with plans for a private beach access. The private beach access is beside the point. I am against it personally for several reasons. When an agent takes on selling a development, he or she does so with the nothing more than the developers' good faith in what they are promising. In this particular case, the developer had planned/is planning a private beach access. It is the first thing promoted in their flyers which they handed out, and one of only four ammenities noted for the entire development. I think their intention of having one was/is in good faith. The Broker would have no reason not to think so. It is not a lie to promote your plans for a development, even if the plans change. If the plans do not go through as promoted, that is not a blatent lie. It is a change of plans, for the good or the bad. If the change is a material fact, the seller may be in breach of the contract and the buyers may have a way out without penalty. A lawyer could be helpful in determining whether or not that is the case here. Still, if the Private Beach Access doesn't get permitted, I don't believe the Developer, Broker or their agents were lying if they were legitamately trying to get the private access. In this case, I believe the developer paid well over $8M to procure the two lots in hopes of getting that private access. I believe they are still acting in good faith to do just that. I don't agree with their decision to put in a private access, but that is no reason to say that they are lyers. The developers may have screwed themselves, but their punishment will be in financial terms. This little case should be one for the text books of what not to do. I don't envy them at all, nor do I envy the buyers who intended to sell their units at the closing table. Who will get lucky, is yet to be determined.

I understand if you don't comprehend my point on the developers trying to act in good faith. It does enter a shady bit of gray, but I do believe them to be trying to do what they planned and promoted.

Back to the access, will someone please accurately report on the meeting from this morning?

Last edited: