• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachKing

Beach Lover
Oct 23, 2007
Re: Calling the bottom!

Random PM Thought: Once the market stops looking at a second home at the beach as an "Investment" and begins to look at it as a place to get away to, then and only then will market stop it?s bleeding.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington

We actually had a market bottom prediction thread a while back. Is anyone keeping track of it, because I'm feeling really confident about my prediction at this point.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider

We actually had a market bottom prediction thread a while back. Is anyone keeping track of it, because I'm feeling really confident about my prediction at this point.

Feb. 2009

You also said:

"I just don't think one party or the other makes a whole lot of difference in the market. Everything ebbs and flows from administration to administration. After about eight years the excesses of either party begins to take it's toll. It seems to me the huge debt that is being run up right now with no sort of fiscal responsibility brings in its own set of issues for investment. I worked in a different industry, but always found that when one party was in control all protection went to employer groups and hospitals, and eventually the squeeze would be so tight on doctors and customers and the next party would come in, fix some problems and create others...then the pendulum would swing the other way.

"I just don't trust a lot of the economic numbers coming out right now. And I think that as long as we pretend there is not a problem when everyone can clearly see there are problems, then nothing will get done. Capital gains are hurt as much by an extremely weak dollar as higher taxes, are they not?"

:clap:

http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=9008&highlight=market+bottom+prediction

I never did stick my neck out and predict.

hnooe

Beach Fanatic
Jul 21, 2007

Random PM Thought: Once the market stops looking at a second home at the beach as an "Investment" and begins to look at it as a place to get away to, then and only then will market stop it’s bleeding.

Right on...My friend from Atlanta is staying with me--he just read this thread--- and his comment was that too many people came down here and tried to win the lottery instead of just trying to enjoy a sacred and beautiful place.

Last edited:

00seer00

Beach Lover
Oct 12, 2006
PCB

I see 2 more full points cut by July. This will put prime at 4% and you should be able to get home loans at a similar price. First time home buyers and mortgages for people with household income of less than 53K per year will be able to buy with little or no money down. Yes I know that affordable housing is not what SOWAL is known for but many of the people who own here make their living off of mortgage lending, construction, Real-estate sales, ect. You will be able to buy for what you can rent for if you stay in the 100k to 200k range. We are so blessed to have the Airport on the way because of its impact on the economy over the next 20 years. As far as a pricing bottom, many will be forced into selling on fear and desperation and that is heartbreaking to see, though some find joy in it. SOWAL is a amazing place and in time it will be discovered. I hear more and more of Hedge funds buying up REO?s controlled by Banks and people buying up foreclosures. Hopefully this summer will be the bottom but appreciation from the bottom will be a slow climb up.

00seer00

jlweathers

Beach Lover
May 2, 2007

just glad to hear the bottom is here!!! only one way to go now....well two if you count sideways. & i hope we do have a slow rise; we do not need the 2004-2005 mess ever, ever again! it was just unhealthy all the way around.

flyforfun

Beach Fanatic
Oct 20, 2006
Birmingham, Al

but appreciation from the bottom will be a slow climb up.

00seer00

Well, someone needs to tell Walton Co. tax appraisers office that cause I am still not happy my tax bills. You want see investors buying down there until you get a handle on the tax schedule. Taxes have decreased but its not enough. There use to be a time when you could pay cash for rental property, and make a decent return from rentals. "Not any more" thanks to high tax schedules and insurance. Until Walton County and the Florida legislature takes these two problems more seriously, its going to be an extremely slow climb up from the bottom if at all.