• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Considering the potential mold issues down here and how hard it is to get rid of, I don't understand why anyone would buy one of the houses where they stopped construction and left it open to the elements for a period of time.

All I can think of when I see those unfinished houses (especially the ones in Inlet) is "mold to the max". :blink:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Yep....and that's the truth.

Yes, and we all know it is harmless funn. :wave: But it is worth remembering that SoWal is popping up more and more on my random google searches. :creepy: Google Summer's grandpa's name and this thread is near the top of the first page. :blink: Kudos for Kurt -- but it's worth keeping in mind that this isn't just a little board anymore.

Carry on. :wave:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Funny. We talk about what each other is eating, so not surprisingly, we talk about people spending big money on a tear down house.

I beg to disagree!:roll: It is surprising that what someone else is doing with their money so quickly becomes a topic to discuss in a manor that is neither helpful and at times rather rude. I've had someone PM me about going to Disney when I should be working. Until you walk in that persons footsteps how can you know....

I also think it is a negative for the SoWal Board. Look now we've lost Summer, who is a very nice person. We are so casual here at the beach and tend to speak about things in rediculous ways....it's just that sometimes the way we try to say something is not the best way!

Be my guest smack me one. :whack:

I still :love: ya!

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
This thread is unseemly. There were jokes about whether he had a girlfriend and mock concern about gossipy members. Discussing/speculating about the house is fair game: real estate is in the public domain thru public records. Speculating and poking fun at folk's lives is not fair game. There is an elitist attitude in this thread and perhaps in SoWal.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
This thread is unseemly. There were jokes about whether he had a girlfriend and mock concern about gossipy members. Discussing/speculating about the house is fair game: real estate is in the public domain thru public records. Speculating and poking fun at folk's lives is not fair game. There is an elitist attitude in this thread and perhaps in SoWal.

What do you mean when you say "mock concern about gossipy members"?
I agree about the house being fair game.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I just read this thread again and the entire time I was thinking....
I wonder if this rich man is married.

:funn: I think you are the last person on Earth I would have pegged as a possible gold digger.

Now that song is in my head.

:rotfl::rotfl: I thought the same thing! I think even my husband would be in favor of me ditching him in favor of this guy. . . .as long as he could visit us in our many houses!!!

I wonder if he has a girlfriend:rotfl:

:welcome: Summer....I think if everyone will read Lightworker's post #13 with the link Tennessee Alumnus they will find out what an incredible man your grandfather is! I love what he did for the Russian artists!!!!:clap:

Thank you Lightworker!!!!:love:

I beg to disagree!:roll: It is surprising that what someone else is doing with their money so quickly becomes a topic to discuss in a manor that is neither helpful and at times rather rude. I've had someone PM me about going to Disney when I should be working. Until you walk in that persons footsteps how can you know....

I also think it is a negative for the SoWal Board. Look now we've lost Summer, who is a very nice person. We are so casual here at the beach and tend to speak about things in rediculous ways....it's just that sometimes the way we try to say something is not the best way!

Be my guest smack me one. :whack:

I still :love: ya!

I decided to go back and see what the fuss was about. There were a couple of tangents (One being about the possibility of selling acrons in a down economy) and the ones I have quoted above about the person being married/having a girlfriend. It was Lightworker that first brought up the subject of the homeowner's dating/marital status. I personally think it was done "all in fun" and none of these posters afterward were being ugly gossipers.

Kat...I don't think we ever "had" Summer. I forgot to look at her join date, but bet it was recent. My quess is she either googled or visited sowal.com and saw this thread and decided to set the record straight. I (and others, you included) welcomed her and applauded her for doing so.

Wow...that was a strange PM you received! Sorry that happened to you. Sounds like someone putting their nose where it doesn't belong. Did you answer it? ;-)

Edit: Summer joined in March 2009. Kat...I keep thinking you are Toots!!!!

Last edited:
Considering the potential mold issues down here and how hard it is to get rid of, I don't understand why anyone would buy one of the houses where they stopped construction and left it open to the elements for a period of time.

All I can think of when I see those unfinished houses (especially the ones in Inlet) is "mold to the max". :blink:

You've got a giant and mostly erroneous mouth. Can mold continue to live without moisture?

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
You've got a giant and mostly erroneous mouth. Can mold continue to live without moisture?

Yes, a home left exposed to the elements and unfinished for an extended period of time can VERY easily become mold infested and that mold can continue to be an issue even after the house has been "dried in" and the AC or a dehumidifier starts to run 24/7. There is still a great deal of moisture present in that scenario and mold is very difficult to get rid of. That's what this thread is about - a multi-million dollar home that the owner tore down because of mold.

Mold is a potential issue even in well constructed homes because of the humid climate - let alone in the infinished P.O.S. that have become well known eyesores.

Status
Not open for further replies.