• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Government allowing Christmas decorations for one month out of the year as opposed to government allowing a display of treason and slavery for 50 years... I got to brush up on my definition of hypocrisy ...

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Government allowing Christmas decorations for one month out of the year as opposed to government allowing a display of treason and slavery for 50 years... I got to brush up on my definition of hypocrisy ...

Sin according to Christian scripture is breaking God's law and lawlessness. Accordingly the Christian bible teaches that lawlessness is disobeying government law. Flying that flag isn't against government law but disobeying the laws government imposes on us is.

I'm not sure how one would measure which is the greater sin if one isn't illegal. Slavery is morally repugnant and thankfully today, it is also illegal.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
While we are on the subject...everyone understands that the WCSO's BADGES are and as far as I know always have been imprinted with "In God We Trust," right?

JoeWormwood

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2008
I have a problem with "Novus Ordo Seclorum". The pyramid eye freaks me out too. Still, I must have my cigarettes.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
While we are on the subject...everyone understands that the WCSO's BADGES are and as far as I know always have been imprinted with "In God We Trust," right?

And that wasn't enough.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Eventually god will be removed from government as people evolve.

Unless the defense contractors continue escalating the holy war. They've figured out nothing makes people fight like religion. Perpetual sales. :creepy:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
This is why there won't be a target on my back Danny....LOL!

Who wins in this case? The moral majority or silent minority?

Double edged sword huh?

WEEKEND PROTESTS
By: T.H. Merritt, WZEP
It was a weekend of protests as residents across the area turned out to support God & flag.
In the town of Bonifay in Holmes County, 5 demonstrators showed up at the Police Department on Hwy. 79 around 10 AM Sunday morning to protest Police Chief Chris Wells’ decision to put the official motto of the United States and the state of Florida, “IN GOD WE TRUST,” on his fleet of a dozen patrol cars.
Deputy Chief Greg Yancey said the 5 were met almost immediately with nearly 200 counter protesters in support of the Chief’s decision. “It was incredible to see how quickly people reacted,” Yancey said. He said two of the protestors quickly left when they saw the large number of citizens who opposed them. As church services began to dismiss later in the morning, the crowd swelled to nearly 500 and the other 3 protesters abandoned their position in front of the police station.
Deputy Chief Yancey said things were peaceful but it was clear where the community stood. He said people who haven’t been politically active or have been quiet on issues like this are waking up. “People are only going to take so much,” said Yancey.
Several local Sheriff’s and Police Chief’s have added the IN GOD WE TRUST motto to their vehicles in recent weeks with donated materials or private donations. Walton County Sheriff Michael A. Adkinson, Jr. said during an interview on Friday, "We think it's important for the citizens in this county to know what our core values are."

So Misty, because you were on the majority side on the flag issue you didn't want to fight the fight on the minority side of the bumper sticker issue even though everyone here knows your feelings?