• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
The truth is the truth. On what other threads would you care for members to post? No matter how many times a lie is repeated, it doesn't make it the truth. Let's deal with discussion of facts. What "facts" have been presented here that are not true? What questions remain unanswered?
Sock puppets are not allowed on SoWal. Prepare to have your usernames merged. :nono:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Guess Reggie doesnt realize that nudity on the beaches of 30A is nothing new. There used to be a couple of well known nude beaches. But that probably doesnt fit into what he thinks the "legacy of 30A" ought to be. If he only knew about all the potheads and gangsters that used to be around here (some still are)....:yikes:.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Guess Reggie doesnt realize that nudity on the beaches of 30A is nothing new. There used to be a couple of well known nude beaches. But that probably doesnt fit into what he thinks the "legacy of 30A" ought to be. If he only knew about all the potheads and gangsters that used to be around here (some still are)....:yikes:.
Pirates and moonshiners!!

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach

That was before beach front houses were built on the dunes.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
That was before beach front houses were built on the dunes.
There were some beach front houses....just not on every square inch of the dunes. It wasnt until St. Joe decided to really ramp it up that they went away. The helicopter pilots from Eglin used to make REALLY LOW passes on the beach....

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
There were some beach front houses....just not on every square inch of the dunes. It wasnt until St. Joe decided to really ramp it up that they went away. The helicopter pilots from Eglin used to make REALLY LOW passes on the beach....

The houses were more modest. Not setback to setback and reaching the 50' height mark.

I wish the south side of 30A was never touched but too late for that. What a shame.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
I'm going to try to say this in a really respectful manner. If your intentions were to change hearts and minds about who is responsible for the situation we are in, you miscalculated badly by starting off with a distorted lie for the title this thread, and then repeated attempts to place blame on people that have known that customary use has been a doctrine on these beaches since before we all were born. We all know who instigated the disruption, and it wasn't the citizens that have used this beach for over 100 years. The blame is squarely on a handful of BFOs who have let their narcissism, anger management problems, and delusions of grandeur cloud their thinking. Are you one of them? You have voiced your opinion as if yours is the only valid way to see things. Well, I suspect, there are probably millions people who don't think you are correct. That is simply a guess, but when you add up all the people who have enjoyed these beaches for hundreds of years, and count their children, and their grandchildren, and their great grand children, and factor in a constant wave of tourists who have been coming here, year after year since the fifties, well I guess it adds up. Do you really think they are going to accept your point of view because it comes from you? My point is simple, you can yell and scream and order people to stand down, but it just makes you look like angry buffoon and no one is going to listen to you anyway.
Sorry, but my statements have all been facts. Such as...
CU doctrine was born in Florida in 1974, NOT “since before we were born”. See what I did there? Presented a fact. Not an opinion. So the title of my original post speaks factually to your very point. We all came here for the same reason. Our kids, grandkids, and great grandkids have always enjoyed the unique environment. The facts in this thread speak for themselves. AND ARE STILL UNDISPUTED. What I own, or don’t own, doesn’t change the facts. If you believe this disrespectful carnival show is good for our community, feel free. I spent today on a private beach that IS NOT MINE with many other strangers, visitors, people who came down to enjoy the day. Except for those waiting to shield their children from violent naked protesters carrying CU flags threatening to ruin their vacation. Not the same as a 1970’s Seagrove, sorry, fact. If you don’t think that will ruin the 30A legacy, then carry on your misplaced hate for a few homeowners. I choose to respect those who are interested in maintaining our 30A legacy, not destroying it through true misplaced greed, greed of someone else’s property.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
It’s simple, some believe title was issued to property that should never be private and our judicial system will determine who is right. All your blustery and whining won’t change the fact we have a long established mechanism in this country to settle these types of disputes.

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie, bfo's etal I appreciate your facts and civility but I think you are missing something. Maybe that something is in the definition of the "legacy of 30A". Maybe your definition is different. You don't seem to accept that people have different perspectives, different definitions and well are just different. I understand why you are fed up with emotional outburst, propaganda and the lack of respect for your perspective. No matter what the facts are regarding CU doctrine and it's legality there is a higher power called the doctrine of good behavior, fairness and equality. Well, it should be the higher power because it is just. Both sides of this issue and most issues begin to lose sight of this powerful doctrine when promoting an agenda. Your agenda is that you worked hard for the money that allowed you to buy beach front property and pay the taxes on that property and the Constitution gives you the power to protect that property. Okay so now I must ask you a question and the answer is very important. Do you think that our economic system is fair to all people? This is not a question that you can answer quickly. It requires a lot of honest reflection not just a quick response to justify with "I worked hard" or "I worked harder than those who want to use the beach behind my house" and I have the Constitution on my side. Even if you do have the Constitution on your side you have to admit that the reason we have a Country is because of oppressive power. Money is power. So if you don't want the people to envy, resent or even hate your success it might be better to go back to the doctrine of good behavior, fairness and equality. I get it, the side that opposes you on this issue has either forgotten how to behave or relaxes good behavior in order to promote their agenda. I have posted on other threads and I can personally verify the disrespect and hatred from that side. My point is that both sides are wrong to fight fire with fire. I am not disputing your facts. I am not disputing why you chose to fight the agenda from those who believe in CU doctrine. BUT I am disputing the belief that you earned the right to keep ALL people off the beach behind your house because you earned that right from an economic system that is not fair to all people. The history of Country supports the fact that the people will eventually rebel against abusive power. It is better to use your power to promote a sense of sharing the beach (with rules of good behavior) remembering that building on those sand dunes already restricts the views of our beautiful natural resource which damages that very resource. If you practice the doctrine of good behavior you do not have to feel guilty of anything because we all damage this planet by definition of consumption. The only way for us all to get along with each other and this planet is to only take what you need and give something back...