• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Margie Anne

Beach Crab
Sep 27, 2013
Santa Rosa Beach
My granddaughter graduated from South Walton High School in 2012. She moved to Florida from Minnesota to live with me just before her senior year began due to family matters. She reported to me that there were alot of things going on that were "covered up" as well. Even though we interviewed the High School prior to her enrollment, South Walton had nothing academically to offer her. I was so incredibly disappointed, and of course she was bored to death.

annie watson

Banned
Oct 1, 2013
I'm one of those former teachers who can't seem to get a job teaching in Walton County. I taught first grade in Walton County from 2006 until I was "non-renewed" in 2010. I was replaced immediately with a teacher in her 20s from Washington County. I have applied for at least 100 positions and had only one interview. I taught in another state in the same school district for 27 years prior to moving to Florida. I love teaching. Teaching is truly a high calling it it was my life. Having lost my career is like a death in the family but apparently I have no chance of ever teaching in Walton County again although my children's performance and test scores were excellent. I have a masters degree and my parents and grandparents were lifelong educators. My grandfather was a superintendent for more than 20 years. When I lost my job, my husband was very ill with a life threatening illness and we lost our health insurance with BCBS of Florida. The last position I attempted to apply for was in January 2013 and I later called about another position and Butler Elementary School told me that my application had been lost. I assume they lost the other 100 or so applications too. I finally gave up. As far as my criminal record goes, I got a speeding ticket for going 45 in a 35 mph zone in 1990.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
BR, does the area in which you teach, elect or hire the Superintendent of schools? And, since you're an educator, why should anyone be surprised you voted for Obama.

BR, does the area in which you teach, elect or hire the Superintendent of schools? And, since you're an educator, why should anyone be surprised you voted for Obama.
I am a college professor so I'm not the one you should ask about how the public school system here is run. The political party of the U.S. President doesn't affect my job.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
In Andy-land everything has to do with Obama. Its a right wing nut obsession.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
I didn't care for Andy's knee-jerk assumption about BR. "UH DUH, it figgers you musta voted for Obama cuz you is in the edumacation bidness. Everyone knows that knowledge spreaders are looking for a handout from the gov"

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008

Andy, what are you doing to change it?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
The misinterpretation of my post is amazing! I asked a question regarding election or hiring of a school superintendent and someone considers me a right wing nut because I stated the obvious. That is that most educators are left leaning. It was so when I got my Master's Degree in 1980 and it is so today. Some of you need to realize there are valid differences of opinion on a myriad of subjects and just because someone expresses them openly and sincerely it does not mean he/she is incapable of logical thought or is led by the nose by a political party.