• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Very BAD wreck today at 83 and 98...lady broadsided crossing 98 from 83...
Traffic at highway 98 from hwy 83 has been backed up big time last 3 days.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
And is anyone shocked that our safety has been put in jeopardy? CoWal at its best! Poor or no planning... Go Walton!!!

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
When I rode up the bike trail (westbound) on Monday, it was closed. Things looked exactly the same as in Kurt's photo. It appeared that they were preparing to install some type of piping under the eastbound shoulder.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
When I rode up the bike trail (westbound) on Monday, it was closed. Things looked exactly the same as in Kurt's photo. It appeared that they were preparing to install some type of piping under the eastbound shoulder.
Yes they are working on utilities. I saw a notice that the bike path would be closed for a day for some welding to be done. I think it should be re-open by now but not sure.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Utilities have to be moved first, some run through the causeway. Then the current bridge and fill have to be removed. The bridge will start after that.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Draper Lake Bridge Construction Project Update #1

The Draper Lake Bridge Construction Project has been under way for the last two weeks. Currently, the utility contractors are scheduled to be complete with the associated utility relocations by the end of this week.

A pre-construction meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 6th at which time the notice to proceed will be issued to Murphree Bridge Corporation. The construction contract is a 120 day contract and the project currently remains on schedule which will allow County Highway 30A to reopen no later than March 1, 2016.

If you have any questions related to this project please do not hesitate to contact Walton County Public Works at 892-8108.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
There was just another serious traffic crash at the 98 & 83 Detour Intersection. They had to extract the driver from one of the vehicles.

Perhaps we need a temporary light there. Its only been about two weeks and there have been multiple crashes.

Where's FHP when you need them?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
There was just another serious traffic crash at the 98 & 83 Detour Intersection. They had to extract the driver from one of the vehicles.

Perhaps we need a temporary light there. Its only been about two weeks and there have been multiple crashes.

Where's FHP when you need them?
Smoking in the Boys room