• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
BMBV, be careful about determining the importance of this thread based on the number of views -- The Penis Cake thread is not far behind on that list of most viewed threads. :rotfl:

SJ,

I won't even use any smilies for this one !!!!

I am still laughing... good one!!! Even shared your post with my wife just now!!!! She was a little taken back by the "Penis Cake" thing. Guess now I have to go lurking over there to see exactly what you're referring to.

SJ, I owe you a beer, at least, for putting years BACK ON my life!!

Thanks for the moderation.

BMBV

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
jdarg said:
Other board members use their VRBO or rental house info as their signature line. Nobody seems to have a problem with it, in fact, I find it comes in handy to remember who owns what property. Your comment about TFT's signature line was unnecessay, off topic, and snotty.

As BMBV said, "it all in the marketing". :rotfl: If people don't want to be in bm due to construction , what's wront with them moving to another rental such as TFT's?

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
Cork On the Ocean said:
As BMBV said, "it all in the marketing". :rotfl: If people don't want to be in bm due to construction , what's wront with them moving to another rental such as TFT's?

But Cork, as you know there is construction going on behind my house too (and we are up front and have discounted our rates accordingly, believe me). I know how many delays there have been with that project, so I have a really hard time believing everything is going to be neat and tidy by May 1 with all the seawalls. I also know that renters want to know what they are getting with their hard-earned money ahead of time, and that management companies seldom have all the answers. All facts. That's where I'm coming from.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
TooFarTampa said:
But Cork, as you know there is construction going on behind my house too (and we are up front and have discounted our rates accordingly, believe me). I know how many delays there have been with that project, so I have a really hard time believing everything is going to be neat and tidy by May 1 with all the seawalls. I also know that renters want to know what they are getting with their hard-earned money ahead of time, and that management companies seldom have all the answers. All facts. That's where I'm coming from.

Facts are good. I wish I could get some FACTS instead of speculation. At the very least, I wish someone would tell me who I could call to get some FACTS.

And you are right, the rental agencies don't know jack sh*t. I know more than they do, and that's not saying much.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
JB said:
Facts are good. I wish I could get some FACTS instead of speculation. At the very least, I wish someone would tell me who I could call to get some FACTS.

And you are right, the rental agencies don't know jack sh*t. I know more than they do, and that's not saying much.

To be fair JB, facts are very very hard to come by. The construction business is so fluid and unpredictable. When you fold in the seawall issue, you just get a literal and figurative mess. Even if you actually track down the person in charge of the project, he or she may be able to tell you when it is scheduled to be done, but will in no way be able to tell you exactly when it will be done. Trust me on this. It is very frustrating for the owner as well.

dbuck

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
KY
BlueMtnBeachVagrant said:
SJ,
I am still laughing... good one!!! Even shared your post with my wife just now!!!! She was a little taken back by the "Penis Cake" thing. Guess now I have to go lurking over there to see exactly what you're referring to.

SJ, I owe you a beer, at least, for putting years BACK ON my life!!

Thanks for the moderation.

BMBV
BMBV, if you want to put some years back on your life, go to the lounge. The lounge is really good for some laughs, lightheartedness, and funn. See you there sometime.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
John R said:
gents, could we keep the topic on track?

ecopal, in all honesty, i think bmbv has stated his position many times, many ways. and btw, his wall is in. no changing that. any potential damage environmentally to come, has been cast by all walls placed. i think you're opening yourself up to his retorts, by posting with your emotions exposed.

bmbv, no need to taunt. sometimes it's better not to respond. i thought the flame war had been extinguished some pages ago. :love: i asked previously for some(a) pictures of your wall. this was not for future finger pointing, but more for documentation. we could use it to determine future response to erosion. i'm sure you're documenting anyway.

Like I've said, I really have been trying to exercise some "reserve" when it comes to my posts. I have given ecopal plenty of opportunity to respond to several valid questions and statements. Heck, I asked him to play God. Didn't get much in return, in my opinion.

i think the number of views has to do with the aforementioned 'trainwreck' effect. some people are coming here for entertainment, and others are actually wary of posting for fear of a toungelashing.
Toungelashing is a 2 way street. Are you implying that one party dishes out more toungelashing than the other? If you are, I hope that's me. :D Some people deserve some toungelashing when they just chime in, then state their "yea or nay" opinion without providing any factual basis...this includes ecopal IMHO.

I was hoping this thread was more than a straw poll for the most part. It does seem to be settling down some. However ecopal just can't seem to get a handle on any factoids that he can share regarding OUR SITUATION at BMB.

He did finally admit one thing (which just about floored me): "I also comprehend the difficult choices you undoubtedly had to make to put in a seawall. I can imagine that none of the options you faced were very pleasant. Putting in a seawall could have been the best short term solution for you personally."

Now I'm wondering how I could have been so thoughtless, insensitive, arrogant, defensive, mean-spirited, etc. Geeze...what have I done??? One statement that finally makes sense (to me).

maybe we could stter this dicusssion towards how to ensure the beach is as clean as possible come 5/1. a great day btw :cool:

Total agreement .... (whatever "stter" means :D ). I did my part a few days ago when I walked past the pagan concrete mound in the middle of the beach where I saw some debris and threw it on the pile. I would have cleaned up all the concrete myself but I didn't want to get blasted by some concrete mound deity :D .

But truly I think we all can agree upon your statement above.

does anyone know the county commisioners schedule for their next meeting? it's probably going to be the only time voices can be heard about the current condition of the beach before the deadline.

see you over in geotubes.

peace, still

jr

I'll see you in composite world!

peace, back at ya, still

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
dbuck said:
BMBV, if you want to put some years back on your life, go to the lounge. The lounge is really good for some laughs, lightheartedness, and funn. See you there sometime.

dbuck

stops here?...

Thanks for the invite! I could use a few more laughs.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Toungelashing is a 2 way street. Are you implying that one party dishes out more toungelashing than the other? If you are, I hope that's me. :D Some people deserve some toungelashing when they just chime in, then state their "yea or nay" opinion without providing any factual basis...this includes ecopal IMHO.

agreed, i may have thrown that statement around a little too freely. although, since you are the only one representing your team(where are the rest of the GF owners, lurking?) and able to hold your own, quite well, it appears that the lashings are coming from one side.

I was hoping this thread was more than a straw poll for the most part. It does seem to be settling down some. However ecopal just can't seem to get a handle on any factoids that he can share regarding OUR SITUATION at BMB.

well, really there is only your backup which exists for OUR SITUATION at BMB, since the walls have gone in before hurricane season. there has been historical data offered with regards to the 'against sewalls' side, but it is not specific to BMB. as we've both mentioned previously, time will tell.

He did finally admit one thing (which just about floored me): "I also comprehend the difficult choices you undoubtedly had to make to put in a seawall. I can imagine that none of the options you faced were very pleasant. Putting in a seawall could have been the best short term solution for you personally."

as did i, once i took a step back and evaluated your position objectively.

Total agreement .... (whatever "stter" means :D ).

steer, funny guy. ;-) typing too fast for my own good.

I did my part a few days ago when I walked past the pagan concrete mound in the middle of the beach where I saw some debris and threw it on the pile. I would have cleaned up all the concrete myself but I didn't want to get blasted by some concrete mound deity :D .

careful, you may start to be perceived as being green

But truly I think we all can agree upon your statement above.

if you're referring to getting the beach cleaned up before 5/1, yes. i hope the rest of the GF owners feel the same as you.

I'll see you in composite world!

the geotube thread is getting quite interesting

jr