• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
ecopal said:
It is really shocking that BMBvagrant's crude and rude behavior is tolerated on this website.

but if it was supressed, i'd be hollering 'free speech rights'

oh yeah, lets all sit around and condemn the retaining wall people from the comfort of a computer screen, but if it were our house (or one we visit often enough to think of it as ours, then it becomes a differennt story

sandbox fight aside, BMBV is arrogant, but probably not as arrogant as me, and BMBV is fluent in the english language, unlike EZ, the previous troll

it would be sad to see such a wonderful morning tradition fall by the wayside:

0) pour a cup of strangely marvelous 'food club' brand coffee (verry good)

1) check the email

2) hit randygoat.com (inappropriate, offensive and just plain wrong) for the latest unbiased news

3) go here for the latest BMBV fight

priceless!

i'm still fine if it goes to the lounge, but it probably won't last there as what troll want's to carry on backstage

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
aquaticbiology said:
but if it was supressed, i'd be hollering 'free speech rights'

oh yeah, lets all sit around and condemn the retaining wall people from the comfort of a computer screen, but if it were our house (or one we visit often enough to think of it as ours, then it becomes a differennt story

sandbox fight aside, BMBV is arrogant, but probably not as arrogant as me, and BMBV is fluent in the english language, unlike EZ, the previous troll

it would be sad to see such a wonderful morning tradition fall by the wayside:

0) pour a cup of strangely marvelous 'food club' brand coffee (verry good)

1) check the email

2) hit randygoat.com (inappropriate, offensive and just plain wrong) for the latest unbiased news

3) go here for the latest BMBV fight

priceless!

i'm still fine if it goes to the lounge, but it probably won't last there as what troll want's to carry on backstage

:clap_1::rotfl: AB, you are only a little offensive! The racial thing and the Out-of My-Damn-Way attitude you have are the only parts which get me. Other than that, you are okay in my book.

Everyone needs to sing out with their voice, otherwise, life would be too boring. Not to mention, what if the dumb-masses were wrong?!:shock:

Now, I am going to have to check out the goat site.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
BlueMtnBeachVagrant said:
Some people deserve some toungelashing when they just chime in, then state their "yea or nay" opinion without providing any factual basis...this includes ecopal IMHO.

This forum is mostly opinion with scattered facts.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Like I've said, I really have been trying to exercise some "reserve" when it comes to my posts. I have given ecopal plenty of opportunity to respond to several valid questions and statements. Heck, I asked him to play God. Didn't get much in return, in my opinion.

Toungelashing is a 2 way street. Are you implying that one party dishes out more toungelashing than the other? If you are, I hope that's me. :D Some people deserve some toungelashing when they just chime in, then state their "yea or nay" opinion without providing any factual basis...this includes ecopal IMHO.

I'm a little afraid to jump into this lion's den :shock: but there are sensitive people in this world which are good people but feel compelled to respond when they've been attacked. The board is a great place for "healthy" intellectual intercourse but on the big scoreboard - only kindness matters.

I personally wouldn't take pride in dishing out more tonguelashing, I would take pride in dishing out more kindness and understanding.

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
ecopal,
Let me ask you another question (maybe you'll answer this at least)....
Do you believe in the "freedom of the press"? Just a yes or no will suffice.

BMBV

Yes.
However, there appears to be some misunderstanding on this website of the legal meaning of free speech.
Free speech comes with some parameters of responsibility and self control.

Below I will site case law for you to review.

As a disclaimer I am not implying that this necessarily applies to what I have seen written on this web site . That would have to be argued and decided in court . But is it is interesting none the less.

"Lawful Regulation on Speech

Fighting Words. Speech likely to provoke an average listener to retaliation, and thereby cause a breach of peace, falls outside the protection of the First Amendment because the words have no important role in the marketplace of ideas the freedom of speech is designed to promote. Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire .

Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire

No. 255

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES

315 U.S. 568

Argued February 5, 1942

Decided March 9, 1942

....*it is well understood that the right of free speech is not absolute at all times and under all circumstances.[note 2] There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention [572] and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any Constitutional problem.[note 3]

These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting" words--those which by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace.[note 4]

It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.[note 5]

"Resort to epithets or personal abuse is not in any proper sense communication of information or opinion safeguarded by the Constitution, and its punishment as a criminal act would raise no question under that instrument." Cantwell v. Connecticut, 310 U.S. 296, 309-310. "

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
ecopal said:
"Lawful Regulation on Speech

Fighting Words. Speech likely to provoke an average listener to retaliation, and thereby cause a breach of peace, falls outside the protection of the First Amendment because the words have no important role in the marketplace of ideas the freedom of speech is designed to promote. Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire .
So what does this case have to do with you two, both whom are definitely outside the boundaries of an "Average Listener?" :dunno:

Back to seawalls please. If you guys keep this up, I am going to rent a wrestling ring, and sell tickets to a no-holds-barred match between you two. All proceeds to be donated to further research on a solution to save the homes and the beaches of SoWal. :D

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Cork On the Ocean said:
As BMBV said, "it all in the marketing". :rotfl: If people don't want to be in bm due to construction , what's wront with them moving to another rental such as TFT's?

Absolutely nothing!!

I use VRBO myself by the way.

Again, it was a joke that some of you just didn't understand.

I just thought it was funny... her suggesting JB find another place while AT THE SAME TIME having her VRBO signature line. I meant no disrespect to TFT regarding her VRBO reference. I've said it was just a funny coincidence. Everyone please try to lighten up when the situation allows.

BMBV

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Absolutely nothing!!

I use VRBO myself by the way.

Again, it was a joke that some of you just didn't understand.

I just thought it was funny... her suggesting JB find another place while AT THE SAME TIME having her VRBO signature line. I meant no disrespect to TFT regarding her VRBO reference. I've said it was just a funny coincidence. Everyone please try to lighten up when the situation allows.

BMBV

BMBV...please just tell people when to lighten up, since you seem to have all the rules. For me, it would be easier than looking through some of your posts and trying to find the point among the "jokes" and riddles.

Carry on.

Vetta

Beach Crab
Mar 30, 2006
Okaloosa County, FL
Hello Guys and Gals,
I see that this entire discussion has definitely gone south (pardon the pun since we live in the South, God Bless Us) BUT..
Ya'll have spent the last several days squabbling over personal issues have have not discussed the topic at hand at all. SEAWALLS.
HI JUST SO HAPPEN TO MARKET SEAWALLS, ARMORING, AND HOME FOUNDATION REPAIR.
Yep, cats out of the bag. There is a company IN THIS AREA who is doing something a little different than the standard "Pour a cement slab in front of it and hope it doesn't wash out very soon" technique. This is not your general fly by night Redneck No BluePrint Type of Company. And it's licensed by the State of Florida and the owner has lived in the Fort Walton/Navarre area for the past 10 years so he knows the hurricane problems.
Did you know that The DEP (that is the Environmental Protection agency for those of you who don't keep up with that stuff) Only has authority over the 100 foot OR LESS of property from the mean high Tide water line and below (ocean side).
Do you know that a lot of the county's property line does not even reach to the beach side of the property? (look at a County map, a lot of the county's property stops AT THE NORTH SIDE OF THE ROAD, but yet you guys are buying permits from the county when they HAVE NO JURISDICTION on your side of the street! Only the city does IF YOU ARE IN CITY LIMITS!! OH MY DID I OPEN A CAN OF WORMS? DID YOU GUYS NOT DO YOUR RESEARCH??).
So if your damage is ABOVE the high tide water line, then the precious turtles are safe if you build above that mark, and the DEP cannot stop you from saving your foundations if you are working on them between April and December..
Now I am going to wait for all the screaming to die down and let you guys fight some more, then I will post Walton's City Ordinances of where I get this info. Then I will later tell you my business phone number privately if you want to discuss some type of home foundation protection quotes.

Vetta
Home Foundation Protection Systems

solong2sowal

Beach Crab
Mar 26, 2006
Sorry, Vetta, but you are absolutely wrong. All property south of the mean high water line would be considered soveriegn lands, owned by the state of florida. However, DEP enforces their jurisdiction on beach property construction with the coastal control line or setback line. ALL of the walls that I've seen would be waterward of that control line, and thus in DEP's jurisdiction.