• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Meeting at 1:30 this thurs.(tomorrow) at the South Walton Annex concerning Naturewalk's Beachclub. I urge all to attend. I think they purposely pick inconveinent times to eliminate dissent but people should take a hard look at what they're proposing.
20 condos with a private access. And undating the access to the West to allow for a max of 2500 users during the high season. All on 340 ft of beachfront. Will this have an impact in the beach? Does anyone even care?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Meeting at 1:30 this thurs.(tomorrow) at the South Walton Annex concerning Naturewalk's Beachclub. I urge all to attend. I think they purposely pick inconveinent times to eliminate dissent but people should take a hard look at what they're proposing.
20 condos with a private access. And undating the access to the West to allow for a max of 2500 users during the high season. All on 340 ft of beachfront. Will this have an impact in the beach? Does anyone even care?

This one is slightly different than the one in BMB for Redfish Village because the beach in front of Seagrove Villas was dedicated to the public for Swimming Park , on the plat book 2, page 50, recorded in 1950. See attachment of plat. Seagrove Villas property consist of lots 14-17, Blk 7.

So, while the access is intended to be private, the owners will not be dumped onto a short stretch of privately owned beach. In fact, I don't see privately owned beach property within 500 ft in either direction.

I am not saying that this private access is what is needed in Seagrove. I think the reoccurring problem I continue to see is the lack of public parking at public beach accesses to accomodate the public's use of the beach. I can understand the reasons why developments want to provide a way for their owners and guests to access the beach. This problem will not go away until the County or TDC buys or takes property near the public accesses to the public beaches so that ample parking is provided. If the County wants to keep the tourists and the locals, they better get to work at buying property for public parking.

Last edited:

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
edroedrog I am confused - I took this post above to mean we could call your office to get details but the post below indicates maybe you copied the notice above and it is referring to a county office?

What makes you so sure?

Do you mean the developers?

edroedrog, you seem to be heavily involved and I appreciate your info but can you be more clear about things? What do you mean about LyingFish trailer park???

Come on Buster. I am giving the information to the forum as stated many post back. Yes it is information that RFV does not want anyone to see but it is good stuff.

What makes me so sure. They have hired some of the best to get them out of this and paying big bucks to make it happen.

What is PBA? What is supposed to close next month? Private. Sorry for the confusion I thought this is what it was all about. Of course if you are closing I would be referencing the condos

Thinks Smiling Joe has covered the LyingFish trailer park thingie..

Last edited:

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
I think PBA is his abbreviation for Private Beach Access, but that is a confusing abbrev, because it could also stand for Public Beach Access.

As for the "LyingFish trailer park," he is probably referring to the sales trailer for Redfish Village. I haven't been there and cannot speak to edroedrog's remarks. Maybe he experienced something bad. :dunno: I do know a few Realtors with H20 Properties who I believe to be the Broker handling the sales, and believe them to be good, honest people. Personally, I have a problem with the sales team getting bashed like they are for promoting a property with plans for a private beach access. The private beach access is beside the point. I am against it personally for several reasons. When an agent takes on selling a development, he or she does so with the nothing more than the developers' good faith in what they are promising. In this particular case, the developer had planned/is planning a private beach access. It is the first thing promoted in their flyers which they handed out, and one of only four ammenities noted for the entire development. I think their intention of having one was/is in good faith. The Broker would have no reason not to think so. It is not a lie to promote your plans for a development, even if the plans change. If the plans do not go through as promoted, that is not a blatent lie. It is a change of plans, for the good or the bad. If the change is a material fact, the seller may be in breach of the contract and the buyers may have a way out without penalty. A lawyer could be helpful in determining whether or not that is the case here. Still, if the Private Beach Access doesn't get permitted, I don't believe the Developer, Broker or their agents were lying if they were legitamately trying to get the private access. In this case, I believe the developer paid well over $8M to procure the two lots in hopes of getting that private access. I believe they are still acting in good faith to do just that. I don't agree with their decision to put in a private access, but that is no reason to say that they are lyers. The developers may have screwed themselves, but their punishment will be in financial terms. This little case should be one for the text books of what not to do. I don't envy them at all, nor do I envy the buyers who intended to sell their units at the closing table. Who will get lucky, is yet to be determined.

I understand if you don't comprehend my point on the developers trying to act in good faith. It does enter a shady bit of gray, but I do believe them to be trying to do what they planned and promoted.

Back to the access, will someone please accurately report on the meeting from this morning?

SJ,
Love your dissertation but facts are facts. They might sound nice at Hot2Sell(AKA H20 Buster) but trust me they are not very truthful. It will all come out in the end and they will look like amateurs too when they get exposed. They might be good at playing dumb but they have invested a lot of time at the trailer park and do want to get the CASH for all their hard work.

SJ-looks like buster reposted my message as to who would have the minutes to the meeting today. Hope the developer bought XMas presents for all involved it might just have helped the situation. Maybe a trip on the private jet to an undisclosed location to help figure this whole quagmire out..

SJ-Just curious... If you know H2O how come you have never been on their site? Maybe you need to go by and ask them how they are doing someday. They might need a few positive things said to them these days.

SJ- Do you think for a moment that they knew they did not have PBA(Private Beach Access)? That really scares me to think that the developer was not even being honest with Hot2Sell(AKA H20 Buster). That would make me feel good if the seller agent was representing me and did not have ALL the facts.COLOR]

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ,
Love your dissertation but facts are facts. ...

SJ-Just curious... If you know H2O how come you have never been on their site? Maybe you need to go by and ask them how they are doing someday. They might need a few positive things said to them these days.

SJ- Do you think for a moment that they knew they did not have PBA(Private Beach Access)? That really scares me to think that the developer was not even being honest with Hot2Sell(AKA H20 Buster). That would make me feel good if the seller agent was representing me and did not have ALL the facts.COLOR]

I haven't stepped foot on the property because I have never had a need to. Heck, I haven't been in most broker's offices, even the ones with which I do business. The hood of my car is my office in the nice weather and the Air-conditioned interior is my office in the hot summer months. (not officially, but that is where I sign many papers.) I am not buddy, buddy with the peeps at H20. However, it doesn't take long, if you are listening around here, to find out who is honest and who you should watch out for. The only people I have ever heard speak negatively of the collective group of H20 Properties are a small handfull of the people on this board who also are against the the private access. I think you are angry (maybe rightfully so) and are just venting your frustration, unfortunately, at the cost of someone with whom you have probably never spoken -- H20 Properties.

As for the what you consider to be lies, I guess we just disagree. With developments, it matters not what you have when you are selling the concept. What matters is what you have at completion, and how that relates to what was presented to you to be the final product. Remember, there is no sale if the buyer backs out because of breach of contract by the seller. I really don't see this as being any different from a developer selling a condo building pre-construction. The promise is made for a unit with particular size and finishes, and the building with particular ammenities. At the time the property is presented to potential buyers, they understand that the building is not complete. Often times, the ground is not even broken. Again, these are reservations for contracts given at that time. If the unit is not built because of lack of sales (for example), the buyer is refunded his money without penalty, and is not bound to the contract. The seller is not a lier. This issue about the lying in this case is no different. Again, I know some of you strongly disagree with this, but that is my opinion. I have listened to your accusation of lying, but you will need to provide other evidence to convince me. I have one better for you. To test your theory on the sales agents lying, report the particular individuals to the Board of Realtors along with the evidence. It is simple to do and easily accessible via myflorida.com
I doubt you will find their opinion to be different from mine based solely on the evidence which you present.

Last edited:

BPickelTDC

Beach Lover
Jun 30, 2006
This one is slightly different than the one in BMB for Redfish Village because the beach in front of Seagrove Villas was dedicated to the public for Swimming Park , on the plat book 2, page 50, recorded in 1950. See attachment of plat. Seagrove Villas property consist of lots 14-17, Blk 7.

So, while the access is intended to be private, the owners will not be dumped onto a short stretch of privately owned beach. In fact, I don't see privately owned beach property within 500 ft in either direction.

I am not saying that this private access is what is needed in Seagrove. I think the reoccurring problem I continue to see is the lack of public parking at public beach accesses to accomodate the public's use of the beach. I can understand the reasons why developments want to provide a way for their owners and guests to access the beach. This problem will not go away until the County or TDC buys or takes property near the public accesses to the public beaches so that ample parking is provided. If the County wants to keep the tourists and the locals, they better get to work at buying property for public parking.

SJ:

You are correct, a big issue is parking and will continue to be unfortunately there are only a few places where the County owns land that is large enough for parking and restrooms. The TDC doesn't own anything, not even the building we are sitting in because we can't buy property. It has to be the County Commission. We are the developers/managers/maintainers of the access areas just like Public Works maintains roads.

One question I would be curious for input on from anyone who cares to answer- building parking "garages" at the existing beach accesses that have parking capability. Please let me preface this by saying there are no plans for this along 30-A so please don't start spreading rumors that the TDC is going to build parking garages at beach accesses on 30-A :nono1: , it is only a question for discussion.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ:

You are correct, the issue is parking and will contiue to be unfortunately there are only a few places where the County owns land that is large enough for parking and restrooms. The TDC doesn't own anything, not even the building we are sitting in because we can't buy property. It has to be the County Commission. We are the developers/managers/maintainers of the access areas just like Public Works maintains roads.

One question I would be curious for input on from anyone who cares to answer- building parking "garages" at the existing beach accesses that have parking capability. Please let me preface this by saying there are no plans for this along 30-A so please don't start spreading rumors that the TDC is going to build parking garages at beach accesses on 30-A :nono1: , it is only a question for discussion.
Brad, thanks for the clarification on the TDC/County. It was always a gray area to me, as it probably is to most people. You explained it clearly.

As for parking decks, while parking is the biggest issue IMO, I don't think parking decks are the answer. I picture parking decks as a four story concrete nasty looking object, which will dump a crap load of people onto one small access. I think we need some parking at all of the public accesses. Right now, it would be nice to see a few more additional parking lots similar in size to the one btw WaterColor and Seaside, several more accesses with parking area similar in size to Ed Walline, and perhaps at some of the lesser used accesses could have parking area similar in size to the one at Oyster Lake (or is it Lake Allen).

Now if they could design a parking garage to look like a Florida Cottage, maybe...:scratch: Perhaps there are designs for parking garages which are well designed asthetically speaking, and maybe they could blend in, but I wouldn't want to see them blocking off the only remaining views of the Gulf.

Brad, will you comment on the lack of restrooms and any plans for the future for them at these accesses? I think that is almost as critical as the parking.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator

when is the tdc going to start building these garages?;-)

i think a multi story parking facility at the watercolor/seaside lot would be a great idea, since a large footprint is probably required for the ramps. i'm sure homeownwers adjacent to it would be screaming about it, but what choice do we have. the county is growing, and there's no question that available parking(legal or not) is dissappearing. the county really needs to start planning yesterday on how to keep up. it's quite the catch 22. >> soon, it may be too much of a hassle to bring the nuclear family here, and they'll find the next best place, or at least a place where they can park within 500' of the beach.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I would like to throw an idea into the hat regarding parking garages. If you guys decide to build them, build them for the users, not the County. Don't max these things out with "small car only" spaces which no one other than rapunzel can use, just to pump up the number of spaces in the literature.

Brad, I have seen some small garages in Atlanta, but it seems to me that the ramps take up so much of the space. With the existing properties owned by the County, how many are large enough to erect a garage?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Parking Issue is in a >>> [ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?p=186900#post186900"]new thread[/ame].<<<