• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
#2203 “State Parks cost money to maintain so Fbb please share (I know that is a bad word for you) [putting words in other's mouth again!?] with us how you maintain the beach sand.”

Not that it matters what FL tax payers pay to maintain their deeded beach because the title beach bundle of rights are the same as mine; but I paid much more than $25,000 mandated by Walton County police powers just in property taxes for the "privilege" to have the Constitutional individual rights including quiet uninterrupted enjoyment to the MHWL on our legal deed AND I fill in the public dug sand pits, pick up public dog poop, cover up the public human urine, and pick up the public trash. How about you? How much do you pay to maintain the private beaches you use? How much property taxes did the State of Florida pay Walton County? Zero. That’s Police Powers.

#2202 “What is different about the beachfront title and bundle of rights? What facts or law do you have to offer?” None so far and zero credibility.

DanaMarie

Beach Comber
Jun 22, 2016
Point Washington
JodiFL,

I remember the area well from 25 years ago. In the late 70s and early to mid-80s, when I lived in New Orleans, we went to Destin when we went to the beach. I moved to Birmingham in the mid-80s, and still went to Destin for a couple more years, but as Destin became more and more crowded, and I realized I could rent a house on the beach in an area without high-rises, I started renting in Seagrove and Grayton. That’s when I first knew that eventually I’d want to live here. Back then I thought that one day I’d be able to afford beachfront, but then year by year I watched the prices of the beachfront homes skyrocket. It probably did have a lot to do with the fact that the beachfront deeds included property to the MHWL. Increases in the cost of beachfront homes probably resulted in increases in non-beachfront as well, but I wasn’t watching non-beachfront prices at the time. Back then it was nowhere near crazy crowded like it is today. Seaside was not fully developed, Alys Beach, Rosemary, Watercolor and a number of other areas weren’t yet developed, and most of the houses in Grayton were much smaller than they are today. For someone who has not lived here for very long but visited often, even I have nostalgic feelings for those years. I can’t imagine living here for the past 25 years and seeing the unbridled growth first-hand.

But my post was not meant to be about past prices and what made them skyrocket. My post was intended to be about future uncontrolled growth. The public beaches weren’t at capacity 25 years ago. They probably weren’t even at capacity 10-15 years ago. Now they’re well past capacity. I wish beachfront to the MHWL was never sold to private residents, but it was. I wish the County could buy it back (for an appropriate price), but I doubt the County could afford it and I don’t know how many beachfront owners, if any, would sell. Yes, the horse is out of the barn. I just don’t believe that means that the public has the right to use private property. You’re right, of course, that most people who move to the beach think they’ll actually be able to go to the beach. I believe that if the public is granted that right through customary use, that it will only contribute to more development and even more overcrowding.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
JodiFL,

I remember the area well from 25 years ago. In the late 70s and early to mid-80s, when I lived in New Orleans, we went to Destin when we went to the beach. I moved to Birmingham in the mid-80s, and still went to Destin for a couple more years, but as Destin became more and more crowded, and I realized I could rent a house on the beach in an area without high-rises, I started renting in Seagrove and Grayton. That’s when I first knew that eventually I’d want to live here. Back then I thought that one day I’d be able to afford beachfront, but then year by year I watched the prices of the beachfront homes skyrocket. It probably did have a lot to do with the fact that the beachfront deeds included property to the MHWL. Increases in the cost of beachfront homes probably resulted in increases in non-beachfront as well, but I wasn’t watching non-beachfront prices at the time. Back then it was nowhere near crazy crowded like it is today. Seaside was not fully developed, Alys Beach, Rosemary, Watercolor and a number of other areas weren’t yet developed, and most of the houses in Grayton were much smaller than they are today. For someone who has not lived here for very long but visited often, even I have nostalgic feelings for those years. I can’t imagine living here for the past 25 years and seeing the unbridled growth first-hand.

But my post was not meant to be about past prices and what made them skyrocket. My post was intended to be about future uncontrolled growth. The public beaches weren’t at capacity 25 years ago. They probably weren’t even at capacity 10-15 years ago. Now they’re well past capacity. I wish beachfront to the MHWL was never sold to private residents, but it was. I wish the County could buy it back (for an appropriate price), but I doubt the County could afford it and I don’t know how many beachfront owners, if any, would sell. Yes, the horse is out of the barn. I just don’t believe that means that the public has the right to use private property. You’re right, of course, that most people who move to the beach think they’ll actually be able to go to the beach. I believe that if the public is granted that right through customary use, that it will only contribute to more development and even more overcrowding.
No pretense
No agenda
No threats
No propaganda
No ultimatum
No line in sand
No bloviating
Just honest, simple, bare naked, real world, "Watched it with my own eyes" ... FACT

Regardless of who wins...
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
No pretense
No agenda
No threats
No propaganda
No ultimatum
No line in sand
No bloviating
Just honest, simple, bare naked, real world, "Watched it with my own eyes" ... FACT

Regardless of who wins...

Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy, Ridiculous hogwash. Notions like "Beach Use Density" and private property signs excluding the good public from beaches they have used for centuries and HB631 will destroy our 30A Legacy. On your list you left out personal attacks, attacking ones business, juvenile name calling and calling Customary Use supporters disparaging names like CU Pirates, and mob, and hooligans exhibited by many of your anonymous ilk on this thread.

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Customary Use Will Destroy Our 30A Legacy, Ridiculous hogwash. Notions like "Beach Use Density" and private property signs excluding the good public from beaches they have used for centuries and HB631 will destroy our 30A Legacy. On your list you left out personal attacks, attacking ones business, juvenile name calling and calling Customary Use supporters disparaging names like CU Pirates, and mob, and hooligans exhibited by many of your anonymous ilk on this thread.
Please, don’t forget hypocrite.

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
During 110,000 views and 2,200 posts here, we have begged for a mature discussion on topic. To spur that discussion, we have provided documented definitions of behaviors indicative of a:
Pirate
Mob
Hooligan

While trying to use those illustrative adjectives as metaphorical tools to depict obvious strategy and behaviors, we welcome alternative views with supporting facts that refute their accuracy, we have yet to receive that.

In the meantime, we’ve offered volumes proving that BPO’s are indeed not as a group:
Greedy
Elite
Wealthy
Scoundrels
Power Brokers
Scum
Thieves
Criminals

Regardless of who wins,

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
#2214 On your list you left out personal attacks, attacking ones business, juvenile name calling and calling Customary Use supporters disparaging names like CU Pirates, and mob, and hooligans exhibited by many of your ilk on this thread.

Wow! Why can’t this thread be about credible facts? Are CU believers really going to get into a p***ing contest about attacks and disparaging name calling exhibited by “many of your ilk” on this thread! Here are but a few;

#3 ... more than just behavior on the beach that motivates you and your Komrades.

Lost count of the BPOs called GREEDY. Despicable. "condescending and derogatory". Propaganda. "ridiculous ... ridiculous and silly." "full of it. bombardment of total and complete BS". "narcissism, anger management problems, and delusions of grandeur ... angry buffoon". "dishonest ... dishonest and disrespectful ... propaganda". "morally right ... arrogance ... bullshit ... insulting ... propaganda". There's more CU believer’s BPO attacks but I think anyone can get the idea. That is just on this thread - not all SoWal or anti-social media.

#9 Jenksy “... you are part of the problem and should leave.” Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

#158 Lake View Too “...continuing with a barrage of misinformation, it is quite reminiscent of Nazi tactics used to dominate the media.” Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

#173 and #179 Jenksy CU believer reply; “Exactly what a NAZI would say.” Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

#406 Lake View Too “Are you a joke? ... The only reason you need to have a sign is to prove you are an ahole.” Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

#431 Dawn “morally wrong and anti-human, while saying stupid stuff”
#732 Dawn, "Cowardly"? "your contempt and self righteousness."? "axe grinding against a couple of outspoken Customary Use activists"?

#462 “DEMONIZE. that is what you and your friends here do best.” Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

#636 James Bentwood (pseudonym?) “I am calling out the Auburn fan's propaganda ...” Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

#842 Jenksy “This thread is now owned by an attention whore.”
Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

#1467 LV2 “You’re both fools, ...” Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

... don’t have time to list the many-many more CU believers personal attacks, juvenile name calling and calling BPOs disparaging names. Factual challenges on baseless beliefs should be acceptable.

Surprised the pseudonyms dead horse was not mentioned.
#488 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
#832 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy
#2159 Customary Use and Our 30A Legacy

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Miles

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2019
Montgomery
While we're makin' a list, and checkin' it twice, might as well add the new term from Governor Huckabee's Florida Bar Complaint against FBFA attorney Daniel Uhlfelder's behavior:
"Childish peevishness."

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
While we're makin' a list, and checkin' it twice, might as well add the new term from Governor Huckabee's Florida Bar Complaint against FBFA attorney Daniel Uhlfelder's behavior:
"Childish peevishness."

Check out this list:
Mr, Uhlfelder's twitter feed had 400 followers yesterday. Today, 31,000. Now be sure and check it twice.

Last edited:

Alex Miles

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2019
Montgomery
Check out this list:
Mr, Uhlfelder's twitter feed had 400 followers yesterday. Today, 31,000. Now be sure and check it twice.

Why would a competent attorney grow a hate club mob overnight? As if that would be something professionally to be proud of?

At least now nobody's talking about your beach bar in the dunes. Or that Walton Watchdog Blog. Or the shocking fact that you think managing beach use density is "ridiculous".

What did you want to check again twice? I forget.

Last edited: